Tapestry of the Gods
by Michael D. Robbins (c)
& Ray 1
Sun or Ascendant in Virgo with Ray 1
Sun Virgo(or Ascendant Virgo), R1P (or R1S)
Plus Constellationally Transmitted R2 and R6
A strong mutual reinforcement of ray and astrological energies emerges through the first ray transmitted through Vulcan, one of two veiled esoteric rulers of Virgo. The applicable category is Strong By Rulership—Class 2, indicating that the mutual reinforcement of this combination is experienced far more strongly by the first ray disciple than by the average human being upon the first ray.
Presumably, the initiate upon the first ray would also experience the significant strength of the reinforcement, but the second ray transmitted through the hierarchical ruler, Jupiter, would be superceding in strength the first-ray Vulcan transmission. First ray transmissions through Saturn, ruler of the second decanate in both exoteric and esoteric order, would, in general, add to the strength of the mutual reinforcement.)
Selfish, Self-centered or Self-Serving Human Being
i. The caustic, critical nature of the selfish, or self-centered Virgo person combines with a harsh, demanding quality induced within the insufficiently-spiritualized personality by the first ray. (These undesirable qualities would be in the nature of a relapse or reversion to a formerly bound condition, as it is not possible to have a first or second ray personality unless one is at least an aspirant. The first or second ray may, however, enter the personality by other lines of influence.)
ii. Harsh destructive criticism.
iii. Tearing down, belittling. Mockery. One must stoop low to see the fruits of belittlement.
iv. Hostile thought. Shrapnel in the mental world.
v. Thoughts like predatory insects.
vi. Never satisfied. “Nothing you do will ever be good enough”.
vii.; “No matter how hard you try, no matter how well you think you do, there will always be a flaw which nullifies the value of your effort—and I will find it”.
viii.; Unforgiving. Never forgiving of imperfection—(or, at least, of one’s concept of imperfection).
ix. Demanding the fulfillment of the picayune and missing the main point.
x. Ignoring the soul, exalting matter and form.
xi. Insisting upon the “dead letter”; ignoring the substance.
xii.; Enforcing upon life the ‘tyranny of the tiny’, the minute.
xiii.; Form-destroying pursuit of physical disciplines. Spartan.
xv.; Purging the ‘impure’, or those who do not fit into one’s selfish designs.
xvi.; Extreme intolerance and separatism.
xvii.; Forcing others into service. Demanding to be served.
xviii.; The “Mother” (Virgo) dominates (first ray) both the “Son” and the “Father”
Advanced Human Being; Aspirant; Disciple
i. The highly responsible nature of the advancing Virgo individual combines with the quality of persistent endurance induced within the spiritually-unfolding personality by the first ray.
ii. Fulfilling all responsibilities down to the last detail.
iii. Strength (first ray) and humility (Virgo)
iv. Directing the fulfillment of all those thing no one else wishes to do
v. Great persistence in performing the unpleasant
vi. On the Path of Discipleship: forcing oneself to service. Engaging with indefatigability in the “hard work” of service.
vii.; On the Path of Discipleship: enduring until that which must come to birth, has come to birth.
viii.; One the Path: not letting a single flaw or deficiency escape unchallenged by the will to correct it.
ix. On the Path of Discipleship: forcing the personality to serve the soul
x. On the Path of Discipleship: a rigorous disciplining and purifying of all aspects of the personality. Enforced chastity, celibacy, vegetarianism, etc.
xi. On the Path of Discipleship: one must beware of unnecessarily killing the personality. “Killing the Amazon Queen”.
Advanced Disciple; the Initiate
Additionally, where relevant, combine Ascendant Sign, Virgo, with the first ray as either the ray of the personality or soul
i. The love of divine perfection of the soul-inspired disciple/initiate born in or under Virgo, combines with the self-sacrificial will induced within the soul or spiritualized personality by the first ray.
ii. Strenuous self-sacrifice in bringing the Christ to birth—in the individual, in the group and in humanity.
iii. Gladly giving one’s life, if need be, so that the second aspect of divinity may emerge in humanity.
iv. Guarding and defending the Christ Consciousness.
v. Submitting in utter self-abnegation (Virgo) to the Divine Will (first ray).
vi. Fortifying the vessel in form through which the Christ Consciousness may express.
vii. Creating and enforcing laws within society by means of which the “Pearl of Culture” may be protected from destruction and safely preserved.
viii. Synthesizing the triple manifestation of Mother, Father and Child.
ix. Preserving with full strength the values which emanate from the higher worlds.
x. Maintaining the highest standards of quality; allowing no compromise in the fulfillment of these standards.
xi. Forging in strength (Vulcan) the perfect forms which reflect the perfection of the higher worlds.
xii. The practical realization that spirit and matter are one and the same.
xiii. Forcing matter to conform to the Divine Will in every particular.
xiv. Representing Shamballa through the energy of Purification.
(On Behalf of Humanity and the One Great Work. These are Meant to be Suggestive; Your Intuition Will Supply the Directives and Counsels Most Suitable to You)
Directives for Virgo and the First Ray
(On Behalf of Humanity and the One Great Work)
Mantra for Virgo and the First Ray
Mantram for the Disciple’s Consciousness
I seek with will and power, to know the Father/Mother/Child as One—and Christ as Light within the Whole.
Mantram for the Initiate’s Consciousness
“I Assert the Fact”—that the Father/Mother/Child are One, God and Matter Joining through the Light of Christ the Son.
Proposed Symbol for R1/Virgo
tanding at the center in the ‘Nucleus of Power’ and wielding with skill the ‘Discriminative Sword’, the Leader
Discover Potentials to be Derived from
Energetic Contrasts between Virgo and Ray One
In Comparison With
1. Transmits R2 and R6 constellationally
2. Transmits principally R4, R4/6/1 and R2 through its planetary rulers (unveiled and veiled)
3. Colors: yellow (given by D.K.) and possibly (on a hypothetical color-scale incrementally related to the chromatic musical scale) yellow-green, green, greenish-blue.(A color-chromatic scale has fourteen steps and a musical chromatic scale only twelve—hence the discrepancies and alternatives. The shading of decanates may offer a partial solution.)
3. Colors: red, “roaring orange”, black
4. Note: Possibly FA or F
4. Note: RE or D
5. Expresses principally through the solar plexus center and later the heart center, through Neptune and Jupiter. Some ajna center expression likely through Mercury. Since Virgo is the sixth sign, sacral center expression (through the Moon) is likely, in relation to conception and the gestation period.
5. Expresses through the base of the spine and the crown center
6. Creative Hierarchy number II/VII, unliberated
6. Creative Hierarchy number I/VI, unliberated
7. Hypothesized as being especially expressive in relation to the Mineral Kingdom via the Moon/Vulcan, the Vegetable Kingdom via Moon/Neptune and Jupiter, the Animal Kingdom via the Moon, the Human Kingdom via Mercury and the Kingdom of Planetary Lives via Jupiter. (Virgo can be seen as connected to every kingdom except the seventh. It is the true six-pointed star without the central point.)
7. Related to the Kingdom of Solar Lives and also the Mineral Kingdom
8. Identified principally with the second and third aspects of divinity; presently, Virgo is the major zodiacal transmitter of the second ray.
8. Identified with the first aspect of divinity
9. Associated particularly with “God the Mother”
9. Associated particularly with “God the Father”
11. Unification of Father, Mother and Son
11. Synthesis on the basis of Transcendent Principle
12. Associated with the “Animal Mundi”—the World Soul
12. Associated with God-as-Spirit
13. Active in relation to the heart and solar plexus centers
13. Active in relation to the crown center and the center at the base of the spine
14. Most active in relation to the latter part of the previous solar system
14. Will be most active in relation to the coming solar system
15. Often focused upon the detail of life
15. Understanding life in terms of laws and principles; much less preoccupation with detail
16. Slower, more meticulous action
16. Rapid more sweeping action
17. Analyzing the emotions
17. Suppressing the emotions
Discover Potentials to be Derived from
Energetic Similarities Between Virgo and R1
A. Related Through Vulcan: Virgo and the first ray are principally related through first-ray Vulcan, one of the veiled esoteric rulers of Virgo.
B. Related to the Monad: Both influences are active in the realm of the monad. The monad represents the first aspect of divinity, thus correlating with the first ray. The monad and its plane (the second systemic plane counting from above) are ruled by Jupiter in relation to the sign Virgo.
C. Matter and Power in Matter: Virgo is a sign much associated with matter—the third aspect. Within matter a tremendous first ray force is stored; we call this “atomic power”.
D. Powers of Endurance: Both the first ray and Virgo (through Vulcan, the second and the sixth rays) possess great powers of endurance. The first ray inclines one never to give up, and Virgo endures faithfully through all vicissitudes.
E. The Fires of Purification: Both influences are related to the fires of purification. Purificatory fire emanates, with respect to our planet, from Shamballa—the first ray center. Purificatory fire is applied upon the “burning ground”, and Virgo is one of the major signs of purification. Vulcan, a fiery planet which helps to consume personality dross, is a veiled esoteric ruler of Virgo.
F. Separatism and Cleavages: At certain stages of evolution, both influences conduce to separatism and the creation of cleavages.
G. Destruction Through Criticism: Both influences can wield destruction through criticism.
H. Rejecting Energy: Both Virgo and the first ray wield rejecting energy. Virgo discriminatingly rejects that which is qualitatively unsuitable to purpose; the first ray more violently rejects and forcefully casts out.
I. Vitality/Life in Matter: Virgo induces knowledge of how to generate and sustain vitality in matter. The means are nutrition, herbalism, healing, etc. Vitality is related to the life aspect of divinity, and hence to the first ray.
J. Disciplining: Both Virgo and the first ray are active in the process of disciplining. Virgo submits all personality vehicles to a discriminating discipline, and the first ray operates through an enforcing discipline. These two influences combine in relation to rigorous physical disciplines (and the sixth ray is also included).
K. Related to the First Initiation: Virgo is related to the first ray through the first initiation—a kind of second ‘birth’ (with which Virgo would naturally be affiliated), and a initiation in which first-ray Vulcan (a veiled esoteric ruler of Virgo) is strongly involved.