Tapestry of the Gods
by Michael D. Robbins (c)
& Ray 4
Sun or Ascendant in Aquarius with Ray 4
Sun Aquarius (or Ascendant Aquarius), R4P (or R4S)
Plus Constellationally Transmitted R5
Under usual circumstances, and for most people, only a rather mild mutual reinforcement of ray and astrological energies is to be found due to the transmission of the fourth ray only through the Moon, the hierarchical ruler of Aquarius, and somewhat obliquely in relation to Neptune, veiled hierarchical ruler of Aquarius, and connected to the fourth or buddhic plane, and hence, by numerical affinity, to the fourth ray.
Thus, if the subject were an initiate responding to the hierarchical ruler(s), unveiled and veiled the reinforcement would increase in strength. In relation to the life of the initiate, the category of reinforcement could be considered Strong by Rulership—Class 3.
Selfish, Self-centered or Self-Serving Human Being
i. The bi-polar fluctuations of the self-absorbed Aquarius person combine with the conflict and inconsistency induced within the insufficiently spiritualized personality by the fourth ray.
ii. Emotional turbulence: highs and lows, peaks and valleys, happiness and despair. Approach/avoidance conflicts.
iii. Truly the combination indicating “bi-polar disorder”. Manic-depressiveness. Gemini with the fourth ray can give a similar tendency.
iv. The liabilities of overly sensitive nervous system.
v. Worldly impracticality. Lack of realism. Fantasy.
vi. Scatter, discontinuity and disorder.
vii. No truly settled position. ‘Grasshopper’ consciousness.
viii. “Desire in form” is “ruler”.
ix. Tendency towards sexual deviation—e.g., bi-sexuality, homosexuality. In the worst instances, perversions.
x. Superficial affiliativeness. Failing in discrimination because having so much “in common” with everyone. Promiscuity.
xi. Artistic indulgence. The entertainer, pleasing the crowd. The fool.
xii. Eccentric self-centeredness.
xiii. Outwardly directed. Basing self-esteem on the response one receives.
Advanced Human Being; Aspirant; Disciple
i. The wide yet mobile responsiveness of the advancing Aquarius individual combines with the rapidly harmonizing sensitivity induced within the spiritually unfolding personality by the fourth ray.
ii. Cultural sensitivity.
iii. Finely-tuned nervous system.
iv. Artistic innovation. Shocking ideas brining in new forms of beauty.
v. An understanding identification with the many and varied conditions of the human family. Aquarian humanitarianism combines with the fourth ray ability to empathize as an actor would empathize—finding the same tendencies within oneself.
vi. Capacity to find something in common with all kinds of people. An interpersonal and inter-cultural harmonist.
vii. On the Path of Discipleship: seeking to harmonize all etheric interplay.
viii. On the Path of Discipleship: learning to act as an agent of harmony within the group setting. Willing, however, to engage in conflict in order to bring about the harmony.
ix. On the Path of Discipleship: ability to cultivate the use of the creative imagination to visualize a better and more beautiful future.
x. On the Path of Discipleship: artistic ecstasies, and existential despair
xi. On the Path of Discipleship: experiential realization of the contrasts between soul life and personality death.
Advanced Disciple; the Initiate
Additionally, where relevant, combine Ascendant Sign, Aquarius, with the fourth ray as either the ray of the personality or soul
i. The capacity to understand, participate in and successfully promote group consciousness—a capacity increasingly possessed by the soul-infused disciple/initiate born in or under the sign Aquarius, combines with a developed ability to harmonize conflict, leading thus to cooperative interpersonal and group creativity—an ability induced within the soul or spiritualized personality by the fourth ray.
ii. The intra-group and inter-group mediator. Finding bonds of commonality between diverse individuals and diverse groups. Thus, bringing the buddhic energy into group life.
iii. Introducing new, intuitively-derived ideas which must be harmonized with established conditions.
iv. The shock of Divine Beauty.
v. Attuning with the Ashram(s) on the buddhic plane. All Ashrams (and the Great Ashram, as well) are generically governed by the sign, Aquarius. Further, the majority of Ashrams are now found upon the buddhic plane, the fourth plane, which is accessed through the intuition of the fourth ray.
vi. Telepathic, imagistic transmission. Communication via internal ‘television’.
vii. Wide inclusiveness and broad tolerance.
viii. A “man for all seasons”.
ix. Truly a friend, in the Hierarchical sense. (This reaches its consummation with Aquarius and the second ray.)
x. Knowing what it means to be a true human being, one who has fulfilled the human archetype and risen into the next kingdom of nature—the fifth. Consummation of the human experience.
xi. Functioning as a member of the Spiritual Hierarchy of our planet.
(On Behalf of Humanity and the One Great Work. These are Meant to be Suggestive; Your Intuition Will Supply the Directives and Counsels Most Suitable to You)
Directives for Aquarius and the Fourth Ray
(On Behalf of Humanity and the One Great Work)
1. Access The Buddhic Plane To Promote Group
2. Advance The Art-Form Which Will Be The Most Important In The New Age—“The Art Of Living”
3. As “Corrector Of The Form”, Correct The Group Form
4. As “Divine Intermediary” Link All Members Of The Group Together
5. Attune Sensitively To The Interplay Of Forces Within The Group
6. Avert Conflict In The Group
7. Avoid The Eccentricities Of Personality Rebellion
8. Awaken Society By Sounding The “Trumpet Of The Lord”
9. Awaken Through Drama!
10. Aware Of Group-Tamas, As Well As Group-Rajas, Find The Path Of Balance Between
11. Be Impersonal With Each Other But Sensitive To Each Other
12. Be Revolutionary In Your Artistic Creations; Do Not Be Afraid To Deviate From The Best The Past Has Had To Offer
13. Beware The Tendency Towards Manic-Depressive Disorder
14. Bring Harmony To Your Group Through The Utilization Of The Arts
15. Build The Group Antahkarana (The Group Link To The Spiritual Triad) Together
16. Charm All Who Have Gathered
17. Consider The Human Family As One Large Group And Work For Peaceful Relations Within That Group
18. Create A Revolution Through Harmonization!
19. Create Bridges Through Subtle Energy
20. Cultivate Group Imagination
21. Develop Expertise In Harmonizing Teams For Better Performance
22. Dispel Group Illusion Through Intuition
23. Dramatize The New!
24. Emancipate Through Beauty!
25. Enter Into
Battle (If Necessary) For The Sake Of The Group’s Welfare
26. Experiment With New Forms Of Expression
27. Express Through Artistic Ensembles
28. Facilitate The Emergence Of Intuitively Creative Groups
29. Facilitate The Process Of “Harmony Through Conflict” Within The Group Setting
30. Fight For The Emergence Of Aquarian Energies!
31. Find Something In Common With All Group Members
32. Fine Tune All Group Relations
33. Give Your Energies To Mediating Groups
34. Harmonize Group Interplay
35. Hold Your Consciousness Steadfastly In The “Eternal Now” Having Transcended The Usual Illusions Of Time And Space
36. Humanity, The
Fourth Kingdom Of Nature, Is Meant To Be Intuitive And Group Conscious; How Can You Help This To Happen?
37. Identify The ‘Cast Of Characters’ Within Your Psyche And Ponder How They May Be Unified
38. Imagine The Function Of The Arts In The Society Of The Future
39. In The Struggle Between The Personal And The Transpersonal, Intuit The Real Nature Of ‘Transpersonality’ And Focus There
40. Innovate The Approach To The Intuition
41. Invoke The Intuition When Searching For Synthesis
42. Join A Band! Express Together!
43. Join Forces With Former Enemies For The Greater Good
44. Join Societies For The Preservation Of Culture And The Arts
45. Let The Entire Ensemble Be Inspired By The Spirit Of Beauty!
46. Let Your Identification With The Group Hold Your Consciousness Stable During The Fluctuations Of The Personality
47. Masonry Holds Much Of Value For You
48. Master The ‘Harmonizing Intervention’ When Frictions Arise Within The Group
49. Modernize Methods Of Conflict Resolution
50. Oh “Dweller In The Holy Place”, Dwell Within The “Middle Chamber”; The Spiritual Hierarchy Is The “
51. Oh, “Perceiver On The Way”, Perceive The Way Ahead For The Race As It Approaches The
52. Organize Groups Characterized By The Art Of Conflict Resolution
53. Participate In Societies For The Advancement Of Culture
54. Perform In Harmony With An Ensemble
55. Present Future Possibilities Pictorially
56. Promote The Arts As A Form Of Group Expression
57. Promote The Refinement Of Group Relationships
58. Psycho-Drama Within The Group Can Render A Group More Progressive
59. Realize The Power Of Beauty To Induce Group Consciousness, Hierarchical Consciousness And Later, Universal Consciousness
60. Reconcile Groups To Each Other
61. Reduce Group Tensions
62. See Into The Future, Intuitively
63. Seek To Find Your Center Through Intuition
64. Serve In The Role Of Company Mediator
65. Serve Society Through The Pouring
Forth Of Beauty In Some Art-Form Or Other
66. Spontaneous As You Are, Work Against Group Standardization And Regimentation
67. Stand As A Bridging Group Between The Worlds Above And The Worlds Below
68. Struggle To Achieve The Birth Of Group Consciousness
69. Survive The “Hill And Valley” Experience
70. Together Achieve Buddhic Realization
71. Understand How Beauty Liberates!
72. Understand The Hierarchy As The Destined Solution To Humanity’s Struggles
73. Unify The Group By Working Things Out Between Those Group Members Who “Have Their Differences”
74. Utilize Harmony-Through-Conflict To Adjust To The Note Of Your Group
75. When Thinking Of Possible Futures, Do Not Reject All The Past Has To Offer. Bridge From Old Value To New
76. Within The Ashramic Group, Bridge Towards The Ashram
77. Work Always Towards Group Harmony
78. Work Towards A Beautiful Future
79. Yours Is The Ability To Be “All Things To All Men”; Reflect About Your Capacity To Come En Rapport With Many Types Of Human Beings
Mantra for Aquarius and the Fourth Ray
Mantram for the Disciple’s Consciousness
Mantram for the Initiate’s Consciousness
“Two Merge with One”—a One Forever Present, throughout the Field of Opposites; Harmonizing with this Oneness, I, ‘At-Oning’ Serve Humanity—a Reconciling Bearer of the “Burden of the World”
Proposed Symbol for R4/Aquarius
Vibrating to the ‘Spectrum of Rainbow-Colored Tones’, the ‘Artist of Life’
Discover Potentials to be Derived from
Energetic Contrasts Between Aquarius and R4
Utilize these contrasts to understand how these two energies may contrast or conflict with each other when they are found together within the human energy system.
In Comparison With
1. Transmits principally R5 constellationally
2. Transmits principally R7, R2 and R4 (plus R1, R6, R7) through its veiled and unveiled planetary rulers
3. Colors: turquoise (given by D.K.) and possibly (on a hypothetical color-scale incrementally related to the chromatic musical scale) indigo, indigo violet, or violet.
3. Colors: yellow, green, cream
4. Note: Possibly B flat
4. Note: MI or E
5. Expresses universally through all centers but especially through the sacral center via Uranus and heart center via Jupiter. Expression via the heart in the head and, pervasively, through the entire head center is also likely. Basal center expression via the Moon/Uranus (fire of matter) is also likely.
5. Expresses through the ajna center at a relatively advanced point of evolution. Related as well to the fourfold base chakra and to the fourth center, the heart center with its four chambers
6. Creative Hierarchy number VII/XII, unliberated
6. Creative Hierarchy number II, liberated, and Creative Hierarchy number IV/IX, unliberated
7. Hypothesized as especially expressive in relation to the Mineral Kingdom via the Moon/Uranus, the
. Human Kingdom via Uranus and R5, the Kingdom of Souls via Jupiter and R5, the Kingdom of Solar Lives via Vulcan and Uranus
7. Related to the Vegetable Kingdom and the
8. More aloof and emotionally detached—especially when the fifth ray component of Aquarius is influencing
8. More emotionally engaged and turbulent
9. Both logical and intuitive in mentality
9. Tends towards the intuitive rather than the logical
10. Interested in the overthrow of the old in favor of the new. Thus is the baby often “thrown out with the bath water”.
10. Interested in harmonizing the new with the old so that important values of the past may be preserved
11. Often given to eccentricity and shocking display which seems to violate prevailing standards of beauty. For instance: green or purple hair.
11. In general more careful about preserving balance and beauty (but vivid contrasts are appreciated and used)
12. Seeks reorganization, restructuring
12. Seeks harmonization. Accommodation is made with structures already in place
13. Tends to be more idealistic and uncompromising
13. Always seeking a compromise—hopefully a righteous compromise
14. More adept in the art and science of manifestation. The Aquarian is possessed of many practical abilities which connect him with the seventh or lowest plane of manifestation.
14. Given to many impractical behaviors which may militate against right manifestation
15. Connected with cycles
15. Connected with oscillation and alternation
16. A greater display of confidence based upon assurance in ones ideas. Self-depreciation may follow, but at least the display is there.
16. Rooted in a basically unstable and unconfident attitude. Internal struggle constant.
17. A signs of transmutation, scientifically and alchemically undertaken.
17. A sign of conflict with that which must be transmuted.
Discover Potentials to be Derived from
Energetic Similarities Between Aquarius and R4
Utilize these similarities to further understand how these two energies may combine with or reinforce each other (for better of for worse) when they are found within the same energy system.
A. Bipolarity: Both energies share the “hill and valley experience”—now “up”, now “down”. “The Aquarian can experience the depths of depression and of self-depreciation or he can know and pass through the exaltation of the soul and the sense of spiritual power which soul control gives,…” (EA 142) As for the man on the fourth ray, the Tibetan describes him a “full of enthusiasm and plans, easily overwhelmed by sorrow or failure, but as quickly recovering from all reverses and misfortunes”. (EP I 206) Thus fluctuation of mood is and emotion is common to both.
B. Rebelliousness: Both influences incline those they influence towards a somewhat rebellious attitude towards authority.
C. Prodigality: Both influences fail to be economical in the expenditure of personal energies.
D. Human Interest: Both energies are interested in humanity and human beings. Aquarius makes a study of human nature. The fourth ray make the actor who can identify with all manner of human experiences.
E. Experiential Approach: Both energies incline towards an experiential attitude rather than a theoretical one. Aquarians and those upon the fourth ray seek engagement with life.
F. Stimulation of the Antahkarana: Both influences stimulate the antahkarana. The fourth ray (through Mercury) rules the antahkarana which connects with buddhic sources of intuition. Aquarius is ruled orthodoxly by Uranus which conveys the blinding flash of intuitive inspiration.
G. Originality and the Unexpected: Both types are capable of marked originality. Aquarius will always come up with the unexpected (whether good or bad) and the fourth ray loves contrast and surprise.
H. Relation to the Transfiguration Initiation: Both influences can be connected with the Transfiguration Initiation. Form “dies” a buddhic (fourth ray) death at the third degree, and a transition is made from the rupa levels of the solar system (which includes the higher mental planes) the arupa levels which begin with the buddhic plane. Aquarius is the sign of the restructuring of energies—moving beyond (‘trans’) the normal form and ‘figure’—‘trans-figur-ation’. Aquarius is also related to the glorious display which occurs at this initiation.
I. Consummation: Both are energies of consummation. The fourth ray describes the fulfillment of human destiny. The monad of the Fourth Creative Hierarchy is conditioned by the fourth ray. Presently, as well, the soul of humanity is focussed upon the fourth ray. The buddhic plane, the fourth, is for humanity, the plane of consummation. “When the fourth plane of harmony or of buddhi is achieved, then is consummation”. (LOM 215) Regarding Aquarius, since it is in this sign that the majority of human beings terminate their incarnational experience, it must be considered a sign of at least pen-ultimate consummation. Pisces, of course, being the last sign, is the sign of final consummation.
J. Arguably Related to the Fourth Initiation: The fourth initiation is ruled by the fourth ray. Aquarius, being the sign in which for most the final incarnation is taken, must necessarily be related to the fourth incarnation, for the fourth initiation signals that the final incarnation has come.The bulk, however, of the world initiates climax their experience in Aquarius and become liberated world servers. They turn their backs upon all further progress for themselves in this cycle and on all satisfaction of their own spiritual aspiration and become carriers of the water of life to humanity, joining thus the ranks of the Hierarchy. Those who achieve in Pisces and make the higher and further grade in their development pass into that centre to which we have given the name of Shamballa, but the bulk of the initiates and disciples remain attached to the second centre, that of the Hierarchy of Service”. (EA 141)A climaxing incarnation under the fourth ray would be an incarnation of Crucifixion or Renunciation — an incarnation in which the fourth initiation was taken. (Whether or not the fourth ray was powerful in his life — though being born in Taurus, it could be — Krishnamurti was born under Aquarius and was taking the fourth initiation in his most recent life. At least this thought is given in The Initiate in the Dark Cycle, by Cyril Scott.
Ray 4 Aquarius
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
Composer, Musical Genius
Pierre Auguste Renoir
Franz Peter Schubert
Author of Science Fiction