Tapestry of the Gods
by Michael D. Robbins (c)
& Ray 5
Sun or Ascendant in Cancer with Ray 5
Sun Cancer (or Ascendant Cancer), R5P (or R5S)
Plus Constellationally Transmitted R3 and R7
No significant mutual reinforcement of ray and astrological energies emerges with this combination—whether due to the fifth ray being transmitted constellationally or through a ruling planet. The Cancerian reinforcement of the fifth ray is slightly strengthened due to the Venusian rulership of the third decanate (in esoteric order) and the first decanate in exoteric order.
As well, Mercury, the second decanate ruler, transmits the fifth ray—probably on the monadic level. Only a weak reinforcement of the fifth ray by Cancer and of Cancer by the fifth ray emerges as a result of these ray transmissions through decanate rulers.
Selfish, Self-centered or Self-Serving Human Being
The insular vision and behavior of the self-centered Cancer person combines with the limiting and separative attitude induced within the insufficiently spiritualized personality by the fifth ray.
The insularity of Cancer combines with the limited, materialistic focus of the fifth ray. The analytical mind is used only within the field of the familiar.
Separatism. Advocate of the “Law of Cleavages” (EP I 379) separating “me” from “you” and “us” from “them”.
Tendency to split mind from emotions—the emotional tendencies of Cancer in contrast with the mental tendencies of the fifth ray.
Distrust and criticism of all that is unfamiliar.
Narrowness. Parochial attitudes. Overly-specialized. Obliviousness to the wider life. Beyond the tiny area of focus and specialization, there is no interest. “Home repair”—but what about the rest of the world?
Sense-bound living. Believing only in the tangible.
The non-intuitive, personality-centered life.
Tentativeness and lack of initiative. Non-participation.
The capacity to rationalize—to find “good reasons” to support the validity of one’s instinctual tendencies.
Advanced Human Being; Aspirant; Disciple
The tenacity and persistence of the advancing Cancer individual combines with the power to discover and to know induced within the spiritually unfolding personality by the fifth ray.
The definite focus of Cancer combines with the fifth ray’s power-to-analyze and know.
Expertise within a well-defined field.
The use of technology to support the effectiveness of one’s home or base of operations.
The capacity to analyze the emotional, instinctual, unconscious life.
On the Path of Discipleship: the capacity to keep the lunar lords in reasonable control through a rational and detached approach. Throwing light upon the lunar tendencies.
On the Path of Discipleship: the power to disengage the mind from the astral body and instinctual tendencies. The power to separate manas from
On the Path of Discipleship: the ability to know what techniques are needed within the human energy system to improve conditions in or between any of the vehicles. Effective techniques to maintain the personality and the interplay between soul and personality.
Advanced Disciple; the Initiate
Additionally, where relevant, combine Ascendant Sign, Cancer, with the fifth ray as the ray of the personality or soul
The ability to build a “lighted house” to receive and hold the Divine Light—an ability frequently possessed by the soul-infused disciple/initiate born in or under the sign Cancer, combines with the power to penetrate into the light induced within the soul or spiritualized personality by the fifth ray.
Knowledge of the occult methods of concretion. Exact knowledge of the Laws of Precipitation, and the Science of Manifestation (especially when combined otherwise with the seventh ray).
The illumination of the ‘prison-house of consciousness’.
The power to bring light and illumination into the mass consciousness, aiding in the transmutation of instinct into intellect.
Work in the field of mass-education; bringing the light of mind to the masses.
The union of biology and technology—including psycho-technology.
Creating techniques (including meditative techniques) for bringing the solar (‘soular’) life into the lunar realm.
Utilizing occult methods for rendering the personality (or any vessel of receptivity—such as the personality vehicle of a group, organization, community or nation), a “Lighted House”.
Energy (fifth ray) masters force (the Cancerian, lunar forces). One becomes the soul-infused governor of the lower three worlds.
This combination suggests the specialized knowledge in the possession of the Solar Angels which allows them to work with expertise and precision upon the permanent atoms of the personality (these atoms being ruled in general by Cancer).
(On Behalf of Humanity and the One Great Work. These are Meant to be Suggestive; Your Intuition Will Supply the Directives and Counsels Most Suitable to You)
Directives for Cancer the Fifth Ray
(On Behalf of Humanity and the One Great Work)
1. Achieve Security Through Factual Certainty
2. Analyze Thoroughly The Nature Of The Four Lunar Lords Constituting The Personality
3. Apply The Techniques Of Integration—Integrating The Personality With The Lighted Soul
4. Ascertain How Attachment Arises And Detach
5. Assure Yourself Of The Basics And Build On This Assurance
6. Attract The “Initiating Energy” Into The Personality Vessel
7. Become A Living Vessel For The Focussed Light Of Mind, And Later For The “Light Supernal”
8. Bend All Resources Of The Mind To Understand The Technicalities Of The Science Of Manifestation
9. Be Objective About All That
10. Build Laboratories And Other ‘Homes For Research’
11. Develop Expertise In Sciences Relating To The Birth Process
12. Discriminate Between All That Lies Within The Ring-Pass-Not And All That Lies Without
13. Collect All The Pertinent Facts In One Location; Be Sure To Be Complete
14. Comprehend The Manner In Which The “Cross Of Matter” Is Precipitated
15. Conduct Studies On Safety And Security
16. Contain And Do Not Disclose Dangerous Knowledge
17. Create A ‘Place’ Where Research And Discovery May Be Pursued
18. Defend Reason Against All That Lies Outside Its Purview
19. Defend The Truth And Those Who Tell The Truth
20. Define For Yourself A Precise, Specialized Area Of Research
21. Detach From The Lunar Vehicles
22. Develop Expertise In The Science Of Defense
23. Direct The Mind Toward The Understanding Of The “Mother” And Her Many Forms
24. Discover What You Can About Genetics—How The Vehicles Of Expression For The Different Kingdoms Of Nature Are Produced
25. Discriminate Keenly Between Reality And That Which Is Fanciful And Imaginative
26. Disidentify From All That Holds The Consciousness Attached To The Worlds Of Form
27. Display Common Sense In Relation To The Handling Of The Personality And Its Vehicles.
28. Ensure Security In Relation To Technology
29. Focus Still-More Light Within The “Lighted-House”—“Light The Home”
30. Focus Your Mind In The Field Of “Life Sciences”
31. Give The World Facts On Which It Can Erect A Foundation For Thought
32. Guard The Door Which Leads Form The Personal Into The Transpersonal Worlds
33. Identify The Laws Of Causation Behind The Appearance Of The Form
34. Increase The Light Of Mind With Your Lighted House
35. Investigate New Technologies For Human Survival When Humanity Can No Longer Depend Upon Fossil Fuel
36. Investigate New Technologies For The Home
37. Keenly Differentiate Between The Fourfold Lower Man And The Ego On The Higher Mental Plane
38. Know In Detail The Workings Of The Ashram
39. Learn The Difference Between Mentality And Sentimentality
40. Leave No “Room At The
Inn” For Nonsense
41. Localize Your Inquiry
42. Make Sure The Lower Mind Does Not Come Under Lunar Domination
43. Master The Technology Needed For Self-Protection And For The Protection Of Society
44. Memorize The Facts
45. Objectively Examine The Vehicles Utilized By The Human Soul And Spirit (Leadbeater)
46. Pierce Through Veils By Focusing The Light Of Mind
47. Preserve Accumulated Fact
48. Protect The Knowledge You Acquire
49. Provide A Repository For Knowledge—An Archive
50. Realize That No One Owns Knowledge
51. Repair Your Home: It Can Be A Psycho-Spiritual Process, Not Only A Mechanical One
52. Remember Mathematical Operations
53. Research Tenaciously And Exhaustively
54. Research The Process Of Incarnation
55. Seek To Understand The “Mother Of The Form” And The Science Of Her Creative Process
56. Seek A Deep Technical Understanding Of The Difference Between Matter And Substance
57. Shed Light Upon The Deficiencies Of Mass Consciousness
58. So Work To Raise The Vibration Of The Fourfold Personality, That Its Offering Will Not Be Rejected By The “Angel With The Flaming Sword”
59. Study Elemental Life Minutely
60. Study The Garment Of God—The “Robe” Worn By The Deity
61. Synthesize Knowledge Into A Completed Point Of View
62. Take An Objective View About All That Concerns The Astral Body, The Sentient, Feeling Nature
63. Understand The Boundaries Of The Concrete Mind—What It Can And Cannot Comprehend
64. Unite Three Minds As One
65. Utilize The Powers Of Mind To Transform The Profane (‘That Which Lies Outside The
Temple’ Into The Sacred
66. Verify Exactly What Happened In The Past
Mantra for Cancer and the Fifth Ray
Mantram for the Disciple’s Consciousness
Focused and alert; observant, mind ‘a-light’—I seek to know the means exact whereby the many processes are fused into the One.
Mantram for the Initiate’s Consciousness
“Three Minds Unite”—the mind abstract, the mind concrete, the mind which unitively knows the fusion of whole. Together they reveal in all exactitude the intricate precision of the Many as they constitute and fabricate the seamless wholeness of the One.
Proposed Symbol for R5/Cancer
Content within a ‘Beam of Intensely Focussed Light Divine’ the ‘Scientist of Life–in-form’ examines well the lower vessel, gauging its opacity, yet learns, as well, the manner whereby matter can be turned to light, and make the lower worlds to shine, as shines the lum’nous world of soul.
Discover Potentials to be Derived from
Energetic Contrasts Between Cancer and R5
Utilize these contrasts to understand how these two energies may contrast or conflict with each other when they are found together within the human energy system.
In Comparison With
1. Transmits R3 and R7 constellationally
2. Transmits principally R4, and R6 through its planetary rulers
3. Colors: violet (given by D.K.) and possibly (on a hypothetical color-scale incrementally related to the chromatic musical scale) yellow-orange, yellow and yellow-green.
3. Colors: orange (exoteric), indigo blue (esoteric)
4. Note: Possibly MI flat or E flat
4. Note: LA or A
5. Expresses through solar plexus center and centers in the breasts. Later, via
Neptune, there may be compassionate heart-center expression
5. Expresses through the ajna center
6. Creative Hierarchy number V, in process of liberation
6. Creative Hierarchy number III, liberated and Creative Hierarchy number V/X, unliberated
7. Hypothesized as especially expressive in relation to the Mineral Kingdom via the Moon, the Vegetable Kingdom via the Moon and Neptune, the Animal Kingdom via the Moon, the
. Human Kingdom via the Moon and Neptune
7. Related to the
Human Kingdom and the Kingdom of Souls
8. Associated primarily with the third aspect of divinity, the matter aspect
8. Associated to a degree with the matter aspect, leading naturally into the consciousness aspect, through its association with the second ray.
9. Strongly connected to the Pleiades
9. Strongly connected to Sirius
10. Most closely associated with the “dark light” of matter
10. Leading, from a study of the “dark light”, into the light of the soul
11. Reflected light
11. Accessing soul and spirit light
12. Frequently an emotional energy
12. A mental energy
14. Diffused, sentient consciousness
14. Focussed, mental consciousness
15. Mass consciousness
15. Individualized consciousness
16. Related to animal man
16. Related to individualized man, the true human kingdom
17. Given to attachment
17. Given to observation and detachment
18. Emotions influence the thought process; kama-manasic
18. Thought is easily detached from emotional considerations
19. Most related to the personality as a whole
19. The energy which is (with the second ray) most characteristic of the
Fifth Kingdom—the Kingdom of Souls
20. Studying and understanding the deficiencies of traditional approaches (when they are deficient)
21. Preserving the past
21. Contributing to the advent of the new through inventiveness
Discover Potentials to be Derived from
Energetic Similarities Between Cancer and R5Utilize these similarities to further understand how these two energies may combine with or reinforce each other (for better of for worse) when they are found within the same energy system.A. Few Similarities: These two energies have relatively few relations. B. Concreteness: Both influences are focused concretely. Cancer (with its third and seventh rays) rules all processes of manifestation and concretion. The fifth ray is, of course, the ray of concrete mind. C. Preoccupation with Reincarnation: Interestingly, scientists of the future (working, naturally with the fifth ray—and the first and seventh as well) will study as a major preoccupation the process of reincarnation which are archetypally ruled by the sign, Cancer. D. Focus and Concentration: Both influences bestow a capacity to focus. Cancer draws a ring-pass-not around a given area in which it focuses its interests. The fifth ray is renowned for its powers of focus and concentration. E. Related to the “Garment of God”: Both influences are closely concerned with the “Garment of God”. Cancerian energies precipitate that garment. Cancer, itself, is most concerned with the very outer garment, since it rules the most material energies. Fifth ray types study the garment, and learn its nature as minutely as possible.
Cancer and the Fifth Ray
Mary Baker Eddy
Founder of Christian Science
Sir Alexander Fleming
Electrical Engineer, Inventor of Radio
Scientist and Inventor