Tapestry of the Gods
by Michael D. Robbins (c)
Taurus & Leo
Important Foundational Relationships
Important Foundational Relationships
Taurus In Comparison With Leo 1. Esoteric Mantram: I see, and when the eye is opened, all is illumined. 1. I am That and That am I. 2. Exoteric/Evolutionary Mantram: And the Word said: Let struggle be undismayed. 2. And the Word said: Let other forms exist. I rule because I am.. 3. Quality of Light: The penetrating Light of the Path 3. The Light of the Soul 4. Element: Earth Sign 4. Fire Sign 5. Fixed Cross 5. Fixed Cross 6. Transmits R4 constellationally 6. Transmits R1 and R5 7. Secondarily,(assuredly, but not exclusively), Taurus transmits R5 and R1 through Venus and Vulcan—its two planetary rulers on three levels—exoteric, esoteric and hierarchical. 7. Secondarily, (assuredly, but not exclusively), Leo transmits R2, R6 and R7 through the ‘Sun’ and the veiled Neptune and Uranus—its unveiled and veiled ruling planets on three levels—exoteric, esoteric and hierarchical. 8. Color: deep blue 8. Color: orange 9. Creative Hierarchy number III (unmanifested), characterized by “Light thro’ Knowledge” 9. Creative Hierarchy number I (manifested), and VI of the twelve. Divine Flames, Divine Lives 10. Associated with the de-glamorizing second initiation and the ‘ego-shattering’, shroud-splitting, intuition-invoking (EA 205-206) fourth initiation. The blinding light of the third initiation and the Vulcanian destruction of the first also suggest a Taurean relationship to these degrees. There is, as well, a possible relationship with the revelatory fifth—revelation in the blazing “light of day” (cf. R&I 644) 10. Associated with the Self-orienting first, the ‘solar-hearted’ second, (EA 298), the soul-dominant third and blazingly revelatory fifth initiations, and perhaps the consummately glorious seventh—all powerfully Sun-like. Especially the first and fifth are involved with Leo—the first giving entrance to the Fifth Kingdom and the fifth, by numerical affinity, can be seen as stimulated by the fifth sign.
11. Associated with the form-building throat center and the form-envisioning and registering ajna center. A sacral center connection is also reasonable, as Taurus is one of the major signs of sex, and is related to the tangibility of the physical form—created through the instrumentality of the sacral center. As Vulcan is associated with the “heart of the sun” (the correspondence of which is the heart within the head) Taurus must be correlated, as it must with the solar plexus, because “aspirational idealism in its highest possible expression is also achieved in Taurus” (EA 391), and the solar plexus is the center of aspiration. For completion, fourth ray Taurus, is numerically related to the four-petalled base center and the heart chakra—the fourth!
11. Leo can be reasonably associated with the radiating , group-magnetizing heart center (and with the entire head center as well—the crown, the dome which is the organ of the ‘dominating’ soul or Spirit). “Leo within the heart and head shouted aloud and stood whilst Saturn did his work ... and thus the twain were one.” (EA431) Leo can influence the solar plexus as one center of focus for the dominant personality (emotionally dominant) which Leo rules. The ajna center is the organ of the integrated (and dominating) personality which is also, generically, ruled by Leo. May not Leo also be associated with the heart center within the head? (Leo is ruled by the Sun; Vulcan may substitute for the Sun; Vulcan rules the “heart of the Sun”; the heart of the Sun works through the heart center within the head.)
12. The zodiacal signs influence the Monad of every human being (EA 411, 637, TCF 1191); the influence from Taurus endows it with a portion of the “Greatest Light” which is resident within Shamballa—the place of unfettered enlightenment. Taurus endows the Monad with its inherent omniscience relative to the human energy system 12. The zodiacal signs influence the Monad of every human being (EA 411, 637, TCF 1191); the influence from Leo preserves within the Monad the will of the King of Shamballa (Who reflects the wills of the planetary and solar Logoi.) Leo makes of the Monad the true center of selfhood, and yet a “relinquished point” (EA 332) in a planetary sphere, the center of which is everywhere—within the planetary ring-pass-not. 13. Within the Triad—Taurus is associated principally with buddhi as it bestows wisdom and the “clear cold light” of pure reason which is resonant to the “Greatest Light” of the monad. There is some association with atma as well, because Taurus and Vulcan are resonant to and expressive of Shamballa. 13. Within the Triad—Leo can be related principally to atma, the spiritual will, as it reflects the will of the “Central Spiritual Sun”—the monadic aspect, whether of man, the planetary Logos or the solar Logos. Since Leo, the second fire sign, is associated with the second ray and with consciousness, it can be related to the revelations of divine love and illumined wisdom emanating from buddhi. The ruler of Leo is the Sun, transmitting the second ray—the ray expressed through buddhi. The fifth ray transmitted through Leo relates it to higher manas. 14. In relation to the Solar Angel, and the soul-consciousness (and causal body) through which it expresses—Taurus governs the causal body considered as a ‘treasury of transpersonal quality’ garnered from personal experience in the three lower worlds. Taurus is associated with soul-light and, through Vulcan, with the Jewel in the Lotus and the light emanating from that Jewel. 14. In relation to the Solar Angel, and the soul-consciousness (and causal body) through which it expresses—Leo is a pervasive and fundamental solar influence. The causal body is a “sun-flower”; soul-consciousness is to the personality as a luminous sun; and the Solar Angel emanates (with respect to our system) from the “heart of the sun”. In a broad sense, Leo can be seen as governing the radiant light, magnetic love, luminous consciousness, and authoritative power of the Solar Angel which it wills, assertively, to express through the personality. 15. Within the Personality—Taurus can be identified with the luminosity and determination of the mental nature, for Taurus facilitates the state called the “mind held stead in the light”; with the strong desires, passions, incentives, aspirations of the astral nature; with the pranic vitality of the etheric nature; and, often, with the tamasic inertia of the dense physical nature. Taurus is especially related to the astral vehicle. (cf. EA 92, 380) (The vehicular focus and its degree of prominence, depends upon the stage of evolutionary development.) 15. Within the Personality—Leo can be identified with dominating and imposing attitudes within the lower mental nature; with the dramatic and expressive qualities of the astral nature—Leo is correlated with the astral permanent atom (EA 302); with the prana and natural radiance of the etheric vehicle; and, in general, with the strength of the dense physical vehicle. Leo is related to the integrated personality as a whole. (EA 253, 486, 620) (The vehicular focus and its degree of prominence, depends upon the stage of evolutionary development.) 16. Stage within a Preliminary Fourfold Meditative Process: Magnetization 16. Stage of Meditative Consciousness: Concentration. “Leo—Concentration—Soul life focussed in form. Individualisation. Self-consciousness. Undeveloped and average man. Human experience.” (EA 228) 17. The Choice of Values (Desires) 17. The Crisis of the Burning Ground characterized by the process of Liberation (EA 472)
Wider Relationships: Cosmic and Systemic
Taurus In Comparison With Leo 1. Expressive of the third aspect of divinity because of its identification with light, but of the second aspect through association with the principles of consciousness and of wisdom. The first aspect is distributed through its ruling planet Vulcan. 1. Expressive primarily of the second and first aspects of divinity. “Leo is the focal point for the expression of the second aspect, the love-wisdom or consciousness aspect. This, primarily where humanity is concerned.” (EA 194) Leo is also the second fire sign. Its transmission of the first ray connects Leo to the first aspect, and the transmission of the fifth ray, to the first as well as the third. 2. Cosmically, preeminently associated with the Pleiades. “…he constellation Taurus, the Bull, being found in the Pleiades.” (EA 111) “Aquarius relates humanity to the Pleiades and therefore to Taurus in an unusual manner.” (EA 200) “There is at this time, owing to the influx of the Shamballa force, the establishing of a peculiar relation or alignment between the constellation, Taurus (with its own specific alignment with the Pleiades and Great Bear) the planet, Pluto, and our Earth.” (EA 376) “A new light enters in. The Seven Sisters play their part (the Pleiades are in Taurus, the first sign of the Fixed Cross) and then three lights shine forth. And thus one radiant sun appears.” (EA 562) 2. Strongly associated with Sirius.” Leo, in the cosmic sense (and apart from our solar system altogether) is ruled by Sirius. Sirius is the home of that greater Lodge to which our fifth initiation admits a man and to which it brings him, as a humble disciple.” (EA 299) “The influences of Sirius, three in number, are focussed in Regulus, which is, as you know, a star of the first magnitude and which is frequently called ‘the heart of the Lion’.” (EA 300) “Third Triangle: Sirius—Leo—Jupiter—Hierarchy.” (EA 417) “…Sirius governs Leo.” (EA 299) (also 447 re Sirius, Leo, Uranus and first initiation)
Also cosmically related to the Great Bear. Leo “is also peculiarly susceptible to the influence of that Pointer in the Great Bear which is the nearest to the Pole Star.” (EA196) Leo transmits energy from the Great Bear to Saturn and, thence, Shamballa. (cf. EA 427-428, 435)
3. Three Constellations Connected with Taurus: a) Orion—the Hunter; b) Eridanus—“The River of the Judge”; c) Auriga—the Charioteer (LOH 47-48) 3. Three Constellations Connected with Leo: a) Hydra—the Serpent; b) Crater—the Cup; c) Corvus—the Raven (LOH 105-108)
Relationships Between Three Levels of Planetary Rulers,
and Planets in Exaltation, Fall and Detriment
Taurus In Comparison With Leo 1. Uranus falls in Taurus. 1. Uranus is the veiled hierarchical ruler of Leo.
Subtle Relationships Between Rays,
Zodiacal and Planetary Energies
Taurus In Comparison With Leo 1. Taurus transmits the fourth ray constellationally. 1. There are no strong representations of the fourth ray in Leo. Only Neptune, the Sun-veiled esoteric ruler, is related to the fourth ray, because it is a ruler of the fourth plane, the buddhic plane. (cf. EA 666) The heart center, ruled by Leo, is however the fourth chakra, and our Sun and its solar system (‘ruling’ Leo) is a system of the fourth order. Also, as the eighth sign on the clockwise wheel, Leo has affinity with the eight of Mercury—the “Messenger at the eighth gate.” Mercury channels the fourth ray. Further, Leo is the eighth sign of the zodiac on the clockwise wheel and, hence is related to Mercury (EA 298). 2. Taurus is the second sign of the zodiac on the reversed wheel, and has, therefore, numerical affinity with the number two, and with the second ray. If numbering is begun with Pisces (which the Tibetan demonstrates as possible), then Taurus is the eleventh sign on the clockwise wheel, hence resonant with the second ray.
2. The Sun (veiling an unknown planet) is esoteric, exoteric and hierarchical ruler of Leo, and transmits the second ray through its soul and personality. “It is the ray which governs the ‘personality’ of our solar Logos, if such an expression may be used, and (because it is dual) it indicates both His personality and soul rays,...” (EPI 334) “Leo is the focal point for the expression of the second aspect, the love-wisdom or consciousness aspect. This, primarily where humanity is concerned.” (EA 194) Neptune, the veiled esoteric ruler of Leo, also—though not as powerfully as the sixth—transmits the second ray monadically (EPI 421). Counting from Pisces., Leo is the eighth sign of the zodiac on the clockwise wheel and, hence, has numerical affinity with the Christ (Who is the Exemplar, for humanity, of the second ray). Jupiter, which may be veiled even exoterically by the Sun in Leo, also transmits the second ray. (cf. 297) Uranus, the veiled hierarchical ruler, is part of a second ray transmission from Sirius, via Pisces, and, also, is most probably the mental body within the manifestation of a great second ray Entity. (EPII 99)
3. Taurus, the twelfth sign on the clockwise wheel, is numerologically resonant to the number three, and, hence, to the third ray. Further, counting by polarities (Aries-Libra-Taurus-Scorpio-Gemini-etc.), Taurus is third in order, hence resonant to the third ray. Further, within the three “cosmic decanates”, Taurus, Scorpio, Pisces—Taurus is associated with the Buddha and the “light”, and obviously upholds a connection with the third ray—Scorpio being related to the first, and Pisces to the second. (cf. EA 204, 487).. 3. Neptune, veiled esoteric ruler of Leo, is the “God of the Waters”, and is associated with the third ray, because “water” is “matter.” (EA 275) Uranus is closely associated with the third ray, and may well transmit this ray as its personality ray. “Two of our planets, the Earth (non-sacred) and Uranus (sacred), are directly the product of this third ray activity.” (EA 200). Jupiter answers to Jupiter . Jupiter transmits the threefold energies of the Sun, exoterically. (cf. EA 297) In this case, Jupiter is related to the third aspect of the Sun’s energy. These are oblique references. In general , Leo, is not much related to the third ray. 4. Venus is the exoteric ruler of Taurus and transmits the fifth ray. 4. Leo transmits the fifth ray constellationally. Leo is the fifth sign of the zodiac on the reversed wheel and, hence, has numerical affinity with the number five and with the fifth ray. 5. Venus is “pure love-wisdom” and, therefore, can be seen as transmitting the second ray (probably as the personality ray) (cf. EA 281) (TCF 369)“…the second ray is the ray at present of the planetary Logos” (DINA II 210) 6. See #2 above. 6. Venus is the “home of the planetary Logos of the sixth Ray” (EA 595) thus transmits the sixth ray, probably monadically, just as Uranus, with its first ray Monad, is the “home of fire electric” (TCF 1154) 6. Neptune is the veiled esoteric ruler of Leo and transmits the sixth ray. 7. Vulcan, the esoteric and hierarchical ruler of Taurus, transmits the first ray. 7. Leo transmits the first ray constellationally. Uranus, the Sun-veiled hierarchical ruler of Leo, transmits the first ray monadically. (EPI 421) 8. Vulcan is associated with the “heart of the sun” (EA 393) and, hence, with the second ray. 8. See #2 above. 9. Vulcan may be involved in the direct transmission the fourth ray (DN 91—depending upon how this citation is understood), and, in any case, is connected strongly to the fourth kingdom (whether human or mineral, depending on the mode of counting); the fourth scheme (the Earth Scheme); and the fourth initiation within the Human Kingdom. 9. See #1 above. 10. Vulcan, “the synthesis of matter” (TCF 597) is ruler of the mineral kingdom, and, as the “fashioner”, is closely associated with the concretizing forces of the fifth ray. (R&I 597) 10. See #4 above. 11. Vulcan has resonance with the seventh ray through the principle of rhythm. 11. Uranus is the veiled hierarchical ruler of Leo, and transmits the seventh ray. Just as in the sign Cancer, Jupiter is very important as a possible exoteric planetary ruler of Leo. (cf. EA 297) Jupiter transmits the seventh ray. 12. The Moon, exalted in Taurus, is a veil for the transmission of the fourth ray. 12. See #1 above. 13. The Moon, exalted in Taurus, is closely associated with the third ray and the third aspect of divinity. (EA 280) 13. See #3 above. 14. The Moon also is related to the seventh ray, through its (the Moon’s) rulership of the seventh manifested Creative Hierarchy, and, in general, through its association with the dense physical plane—the lowest part of the seventh plane. 14. See #11 above. 15. Mercury has a special relationship to Taurus, for Mercury is called “Buddha” in Sanskrit, and Taurus is the threefold sign of Gautama, the Buddha—indicating His birth, enlightenment and death. Mercury is the “Messenger at the eighth gate” (EA 298), and the Buddha is said to return to the Earth’s dense physical plane for eight minutes every year. 15. Leo is the eighth sign of the zodiac on the clockwise wheel, numbering from Pisces as one. Mercury and the Sun (ruling Leo) are said to be “one.” Mercury, through its association with the figure-‘eights’ of kundalini and the ‘eights’ of the chakra petals, is definitely related to the linking number eight. It is in relation to Leo that Mercury is said to be the “Messenger at the eighth gate” (EA 298) presumably facilitating with His “messages” the union of soul and personality and the process of initiation. General Qualitative Comparisons, Contrasts and Pragmatic Descriptors
General Qualitative Comparisons, Contrastsneeding TAPE TRANSCRIPTION
and Pragmatic Descriptors
Taurus In Comparison With Leo 1. The Bull 1. The Lion 2. The Buddha 2. Sanat Kumara—the “King” of Shamballa 3. The Scholar 3. The Ruler 4. The “Greatest Light” 4. The One Identity 5. Divine Wisdom 5. The One Self 6. Opening the door into Hierarchy: “Taurus opens the door into the Hierarchy when the significance of Gemini and Leo is understood and the first two initiations can therefore he taken.” (EA 157) 6. The experience of the first initiation, before the door is really opened into Hierarchy. 7. Taurus—which “carries the fair jewel which gives light upon its forehead.” (EA 289) 7. Leo—the “Will-to-Illumine” (EA 289) 8. Taurus, on the Mutable and Fixed Crosses: “Taurus.—The Bull of Desire. The light of aspiration and knowledge.” (EA 293) 8. Leo, on the Mutable and Fixed Crosses: “Leo.—The Lion of Self-assertion. The Light of the Soul.” (EA 293) 9. In Taurus the magician must be able to say: “I seek illumination and am myself the light.” (TWM 548) 9. In Leo the magician must be able to say: “I know myself to be the one. I rule by Law.” (TWM 548) 10. Taurus upon the Cross of Discipleship: “In Taurus—Desire is transmuted into aspiration, darkness gives place to light and illumination, the eye of the Bull is opened which is the spiritual third eye, or the "single eye" of the New Testament. ‘If thine eye be single,’ said the Christ, ‘thy whole body shall be full of light.’ This single eye takes the place of the two eyes of the personal self. The attention of the man becomes focussed upon spiritual attainment. He treads the Path of Discipleship.” (EA 143) 10. Leo upon the Cross of Discipleship: “In Leo—The self-centred man becomes eventually the soul in life expression and focussed on the achievement of the spiritual goal of selflessness. In this sign, he undergoes preparation for the first initiation and takes it also in this sign, or under this sign when it is the rising sign, becoming ‘the Lion who seeks his prey,’ that is the personality who becomes the captive of the soul.” (EA 143) 11. The History of Desire in Taurus: “Desire is developed and focussed in Taurus when the man is upon the Mutable Cross and progressing around the zodiac. It is reoriented and repolarised in Taurus when the man has mounted the Fixed Cross and is eventually relinquished in that sign.” (EA 144- 145) 11. Awakening to Identity in Leo: “In Leo, the individual awakens to his own identity, concentrates his purpose, learns the lessons and uses of selfishness (for that is one of the best ways to learn and to discover that it is contrary to the laws of the soul) and is eventually so cornered by the life processes that he becomes aware of the futility of self- interest.” (EA 145) 12. “Taurus—Desire—the incentive to evolutionary unfoldment in the human kingdom” (EA 495) 12. “Leo—Self-consciousness—the mode of development” (EA 495) 13. “Taurus.—The incentive towards experience in order to gain knowledge.” (EA 290) 13. “Leo.—The expression of experience in order to justify knowledge.” (EA 290) 14. “Taurus incites towards experience and towards the gaining of knowledge;…” (EA 488) 14. “Leo leads to the expression of that experience in daily life and to the effort to justify knowledge;…” (EA 488) 15. “Taurus—in the final stage of development demonstrates as the illumined consciousness.” (EA 488) 15. “Leo—produces the truly Self-conscious man.” (EA 488) 16. The development and focusing of desire (cf. EA 144) 16. Learning the uses of selfishness: “In Leo, the individual awakens to his own identity, concentrates his purpose, learns the lessons and uses of selfishness (for that is one of the best ways to learn and to discover that it is contrary to the laws of the soul)…” (cf. EA 145) 17. The reorientation and repolarization of desire. (cf. EA 144) 17. Awareness of the futility of self-interest (cf. EA 145) 18. “desire for materiality…earthly material desires” (EA 223-224) 18. “the self-centered individual” (EA 223) 19. “Desire for spiritual values” (EA 223) 19. Eventual decentralization, group consciousness and service (cf. EA 223) 20. “directed desire…producing manifestation” (EA 230) 20. “the God-man in Leo-Virgo” (EA 230) 21. The sense of vision acquired through the “illumined eye of Taurus” (EA 162) 21. The use of the “power of individuality through a developed personality” (EA 163) 22. Taurus—for the Undeveloped Man: “Selfish desire. The Light of Earth.” (EA 332) 22. Leo—for Undeveloped Man: “The lower self. The hidden point.” (EA 332) 23. Taurus—for the Advanced Man: “Aspiration. The Light of Love.” (EA 332) 23. Leo—for Advanced Man: “The Higher Self. The revealing point.”(EA 332) 24. Taurus—for the Disciple/Initiate: “Illumined living. The Light of Life.” (EA 332) 24. Leo—for the Disciple/Initiate: “The One Self. The relinquished point” (EA 332) 25. Yearly Opportunity in Relation to Taurus: When the Sun is in Taurus, an individual may cultivate 25. Yearly Opportunity in Relation to Leo: When the Sun is in Leo the disciple may seek to integrate his personality more fully, strengthen the individual note he sounds, and achieve spiritual positivity with respect to the lunar nature. 26. The Life of the Christ from the Taurean perspective: “Christ said (as have all the Sons of God Who know the true significance of the Fixed Cross), ‘I am the Light of the world,’ and he added, ‘if thine eye be single thy whole body shall he full of light.’ Taurus is, as you have heard, the Mother of Illumination, and [Page 566] the "eye of the Bull" is the symbol of the eye to which Christ made reference.” (EA 565-566) 26. The life of the Christ from the Leonian perspective: “This is the sign of self-conscious identity. This is testified to by Christ in the words He spoke to His disciples: ‘What shall it profit a man if he gain the whole world and lose his soul?’ or his own centre of self-consciousness—that significant point of attainment which must precede all the more inclusive states of consciousness.” (EA566) 27. Stolidity 27. Joyous exuberance 28. Identified with acquisitions 28. Isolated in selfhood, and detached from all that is around
Similarities and Points of Cooperation Between the Influences
WAITING FOR TAPE TRANSCRIPTION
Missing or Weak Links
SOME FILL-IN BEING DONE
(Waiting for Tape Transcription)