Tapestry of the Gods
by Michael D. Robbins (c)
Taurus & Virgo
Important Foundational Relationships
Important Foundational Relationships
Taurus In Comparison With Virgo 2. I see, and when the eye is opened, all is illumined. 1. I am the Mother and the Child, I, God, I matter am.
Christ in you, the hope of glory.
3. And the Word said: Let struggle be undismayed. 2. And the Word said: Let matter reign. 4. The penetrating Light of the Path 3. The blended dual Light. 5. Earth Sign 4. Earth Sign 6. Fixed Cross 5. Mutable Cross 7. Transmits R4 constellationally. There are strong R3 associations 6. Transmits R2 and R6 constellationally. There are strong R3 association: (EA 194) 8. Secondarily, (assuredly, but not exclusively), Taurus transmits R5 and R1 through Venus and Vulcan—its two planetary rulers on three levels—exoteric, esoteric and hierarchical. 7. Secondarily, (assuredly, but not exclusively) Virgo transmits R4, R4, R6, R1, and R2 through Mercury, the Moon, the veiled Neptune, the veiled Vulcan, and, also, Jupiter—all these are its planetary rulers on three levels—exoteric, esoteric and hierarchical. 1. Color: deep blue 1. Color: yellow (Mercury rulership). Blue-green is an additional reasonable possibility. 2. Creative Hierarchy number III (unmanifested), characterized by “Light thro’ Knowledge” 2. Creative Hierarchy number II (manifested) and VII of 12. Divine Builders conferring Soul; the Burning Sons of Desire 100. Associated with the de-glamorizing second initiation and the ‘ego-shattering’, shroud-splitting, intuition-invoking (EA 205-206) fourth initiation. The blinding light of the third initiation and the Vulcanian destruction of the first also suggest a Taurean relationship to these degrees. There is, as well, a possible relationship with the revelatory fifth—revelation in the blazing “light of day” (cf. R&I 644) 17. Associated with the stages immediately preceding the ‘birthing’, form-regulating first initiation (EA 67, 471); then, with the cleansing, purifying second initiations, and possibly with the decisive, Monad-establishing sixth (introduction to true monadic living)
3. Associated with the form-building throat center and the form-envisioning and registering ajna center. A sacral center connection is also reasonable, as Taurus is one of the major signs of sex, and is related to the tangibility of the physical form—created through the instrumentality of the sacral center. As Vulcan is associated with the “heart of the sun” (the correspondence of which is the heart within the head) Taurus must be correlated, as it must with the solar plexus, because “aspirational idealism in its highest possible expression is also achieved in Taurus” (EA 391), and the solar plexus is the center of aspiration. For completion, fourth ray Taurus, is numerically related to the four-petalled base center and the heart chakra—the fourth!
18. Virgo can be reasonably understood as influencing, particularly, the cherishing, patient, maternally-loving heart center (through the second ray), and the persistently devoted solar plexus center (through the sixth). In addition to its influence upon a number of smaller, sub-diaphragmatic centers associated with the solar plexus, Virgo must have an influence upon the ajna center—as an organ of discrimination and discernment. The mysteries of generation are ruled by the Moon, which rules Virgo esoterically; a sacral center association is, thereby, reasonable. The six of the sacral center leads to the twelve of the heart.
101. The zodiacal signs influence the Monad of every human being (EA 411, 637, TCF 1191); the influence from Taurus endows it with a portion of the “Greatest Light” which is resident within Shamballa—the place of unfettered enlightenment. Taurus endows the Monad with its inherent omniscience relative to the human energy system 19. The zodiacal signs influence the Monad of every human being (EA 411, 637, TCF 1191); the influence from Virgo is powerful in monadic life because the second manifested Creative Hierarchy (Who are the “prototypes of the Monads”—TCF 1197) are ruled by Virgo and its hierarchical ruler, Jupiter. One motivation of the descending Monad is the perfection of matter (in this case, the substance of the first solar system). With this mission, Virgo is intimately concerned. 102. Within the Triad—Taurus is associated principally with buddhi as it bestows wisdom and the “clear cold light” of pure reason which is resonant to the “Greatest Light” of the monad. There is some association with atma as well, because Taurus and Vulcan are resonant to and expressive of Shamballa. 13. Within the Triad—Virgo ( esoterically ruled in part by Neptune, and hierarchically by second ray Jupiter, and transmitting, itself, the second ray), is related primarily to buddhi (the second aspect of the Triad), bestowing as it does the second ray and a higher correspondence to “mother love”—a divine, maternal compassion. Virgo is also associated with the third ray, and the third divine aspect, and hence, even if indirectly, with higher manas, the third triadal aspect. 103. In relation to the Solar Angel, and the soul-consciousness (and causal body) through which it expresses—Taurus governs the causal body considered as a ‘treasury of transpersonal quality’ garnered from personal experience in the three lower worlds. Taurus is associated with soul-light and, through Vulcan, with the Jewel in the Lotus and the light emanating from that Jewel. 14. In relation to the Solar Angel, and the soul-consciousness (and causal body) through which it expresses—Virgo, like Cancer, can be seen in the ‘mother’ role—with Virgo providing a nurturing and discriminatively cleansing energy, utilized by the Solar Angel to improve the quality of its personality manifestation. Virgo, as the Solar Angel expresses it, is the will to manifest love intelligently through matter, until the Christ energy pours successfully through the personality-form and a relative perfection is reached. 104. Within the Personality—Taurus can be identified with the luminosity and determination of the mental nature, for Taurus facilitates the state called the “mind held stead in the light”; with the strong desires, passions, incentives, aspirations of the astral nature; with the pranic vitality of the etheric nature; and, often, with the tamasic inertia of the dense physical nature. Taurus is especially related to the astral vehicle. (cf. EA 92, 380) (The vehicular focus and its degree of prominence, depends upon the stage of evolutionary development.) 15. Within the Personality—Virgo can be identified with the discriminative, analytical, and selective processes of the lower mental nature; with the cleansing and purification of the astral nature; with the magnetic purity of the etheric nature; with the general health and nutrition and of the dense physical vehicle. Virgo, via the Moon, is particularly related to the dense physical vehicle and to all personality substance as a whole. (EA 194) (The vehicular focus and its degree of prominence, depends upon the stage of evolutionary development.) 3. Stage within a Preliminary Fourfold Meditative Process: Magnetization 20. Stage of Meditative Consciousness: Meditation proper. “Virgo—Meditation—Soul life, as sensed in man, the gestation period. The stage of the hidden Christ. Intelligent man. Personality, as hiding the Christ life.” (EA 228) 4. The Choice of Values (Desire) 3. The Crisis of the Birthplace characterized by the process/quality of Initiation
Wider Relationships: Cosmic and Systemic
Taurus In Comparison With Virgo 105. Expressive of the third aspect of divinity because of its identification with light, but of the second aspect through association with the principles of consciousness and of wisdom. The first aspect is distributed through its ruling planet Vulcan. 16. Expressive of both the second and third aspects of divinity, but especially well-rooted in the third. “Virgo is the focal point for the expression of the third aspect, that of active intelligence. In that sign the highest function of matter is symbolised.” (EA 194) 106. Cosmically, preeminently associated with the Pleiades. “…the constellation Taurus, the Bull, being found in the Pleiades.” (EA 111) “Aquarius relates humanity to the Pleiades and therefore to Taurus in an unusual manner.” (EA 200) “There is at this time, owing to the influx of the Shamballa force, the establishing of a peculiar relation or alignment between the constellation, Taurus (with its own specific alignment with the Pleiades and Great Bear) the planet, Pluto, and our Earth.” (EA 376) “A new light enters in. The Seven Sisters play their part (the Pleiades are in Taurus, the first sign of the Fixed Cross) and then three lights shine forth. And thus one radiant sun appears.” (EA 562) 17. Cosmically associated principally with the Pleiades. “One of the most esoteric cycles is based upon certain conjunctions and respective positions of Virgo and the Pleiades.” (EA 657) “Virgo is inseparable from Leo and the Pleiades and the Hyades.” (EA 679) Virgo is related to several feminine constellations which figure importantly in the astrology of the form. “There is Cassiopea, Venus, Coma Berenice, Andromeda and one or two others, as well as Virgo, the Virgin, the most important of them all.” (EA 400) 107. Three Constellations Connected with Taurus: a) Orion—the Hunter; b) Eridanus—“The River of the Judge”; c) Auriga—the Charioteer (LOH 47-48) 18. Three Constellations Connected with Virgo: a) Coma Berenice—the Mother of the Form Only; b) The Centaur—Half Man/Half Horse; c) Bootes—the One Who is Coming (LOH 120)
Relationships Between Three Levels of Planetary Rulers,
and Planets in Exaltation, Fall and Detriment
1. Venus is the exoteric ruler of Taurus. In Comparison With 1. Venus falls in Virgo. 2. Vulcan is the esoteric and hierarchical ruler of Taurus. 2. Vulcan is a veiled esoteric ruler of Virgo. 3. The Moon is exalted in Taurus. 3. The Moon is the esoteric ruler of Virgo. 4. Mercury (called “Buddha”) is empowered in Taurus—the sign of the Buddha. 4. Mercury is the exoteric ruler of Virgo, and is also exalted in this sign. (EA 281)
Subtle Relationships Between Rays,
Zodiacal and Planetary Energies
Taurus In Comparison With Virgo 1. Taurus transmits the fourth ray constellationally. 1. The Moon is the esoteric ruler of Virgo, and transmits the fourth ray. Vulcan, a veiled esoteric ruler in Virgo, has a close relation to the number four—to the fourth kingdom (the Human Kingdom), the fourth kingdom from the human (the Mineral Kingdom) and to the fourth initiation, and may be involved in a fourth ray transmission through the Moon. (interpret DN 91). Neptune, a veiled esoteric ruler of Virgo, is associated with the fourth ray through its rulership of the fourth or buddhic plane. 17. Taurus is the second sign of the zodiac, and has, therefore, numerical affinity with the number two, and with the second ray. If numbering is begun with Pisces (which the Tibetan demonstrates as possible), then Taurus is the eleventh sign on the clockwise wheel, hence resonant with the second ray. 2. Virgo transmits the second ray constellationally. On the clockwise wheel, Virgo is the eighth sign of the zodiac and, hence, is related to the Christ—Whose number is “eight” (EA 37)—Vulcan, a veiled esoteric ruler of Virgo, has an association with the second ray, as Vulcan is connected to the “heart of the sun.” (EA 393) Neptune, another veiled esoteric ruler of Virgo, also transmits the second ray monadically. (EPI 421) 18. Taurus, the twelfth sign on the clockwise wheel, is numerologically resonant to the number three, and, hence, to the third ray. Further, counting by polarities (Aries-Libra-Taurus-Scorpio-Gemini-etc.), Taurus is third in order, hence resonant to the third ray. Further, within the three “cosmic decanates”, Taurus, Scorpio, Pisces—Taurus is associated with the Buddha and the “light”, and obviously upholds a connection with the third ray—Scorpio being related to the first, and Pisces to the second. (cf. EA 204, 487). 3. Virgo (the second oldest of the constellations) is associated with the third ray—the ray of the previous solar system. This was the solar system with the emphasis upon matter. “Let matter reign.” Mercury, the exoteric ruler of Virgo, and also exalted in this sign, has a close relation to the third ray. (EA 280). The Moon is anciently related to the third ray, being associated with dense physical “matter” and with the Moon Chain and the first solar system in which the third ray was dominant. Neptune, veiled esoteric ruler, is also with the third ray through its associations with the “waters” which are “matter.” (EA 666, 275) 2. Venus is the exoteric ruler of Taurus and transmits the fifth ray. 4. Mercury has a close relation to the fifth ray, through its relation to the fifth scheme, the fifth round, the fifth race and sub-race. “The fifth race is born under Mercury.” (EA 663). Vulcan has associations with the fifth ray through concretion and the seventh ray, through the mineral kingdom and the principle of rhythm. 3. Venus is “pure love-wisdom” and, therefore, can be seen as transmitting the second ray (probably as the personality ray) (cf. EA 281) (TCF 369)“…the second ray is the ray at present of the planetary Logos” (DINA II 210) 5. See #2 above. 4. Venus is the “home of the planetary Logos of the sixth Ray” (EA 595) thus transmits the sixth ray, probably monadically, just as Uranus, with its first ray Monad, is the “home of fire electric” (TCF 1154) 6. Virgo transmits the sixth ray constellationally. As well, Virgo is the sixth sign of the zodiac on the reversed wheel and, hence, has numerical affinity with the number six and with the sixth ray. Neptune is a veiled esoteric ruler of Virgo and transmits the sixth ray. Jupiter has a possible connection with the sixth ray through its exoteric rulership of Sagittarius and its enthusiastic, aspirational nature. 5. Vulcan, the esoteric and hierarchical ruler of Taurus, transmits the first ray. 7. Vulcan is a veiled esoteric ruler in Virgo and transmits the first ray. 6. Vulcan is associated with the “heart of the sun” (EA 393) and, hence, with the second ray. 8. See #2 above. 7. Vulcan may be involved in the direct transmission the fourth ray (DN 91—depending upon how this citation is understood), and, in any case, is connected strongly to the fourth kingdom (whether human or mineral, depending on the mode of counting); the fourth scheme (the Earth Scheme); and the fourth initiation within the Human Kingdom. 9. See #1 above. 8. Vulcan, “the synthesis of matter” (TCF 597) is ruler of the mineral kingdom, and, as the “fashioner”, is closely associated with the concretizing forces of the fifth ray. (R&I 597) 10. See #4 above. 9. Vulcan has resonance with the seventh ray through the principle of rhythm. 11. Jupiter, the hierarchical ruler of Virgo, transmits the seventh ray through its association with “ritual” and “ritualistic worship.” (EA 648, 660) It is hard to conceive that Virgo, as a constellation, has no relation to the seventh ray because of the traits demonstrated by so many Virgoan individuals. In any case, Virgo is the ruler of the seventh Creative Hierarchy (if the unmanifested Hierarchies are included in the numbering). The Moon (the veiling esoteric ruler) is also associated with the seventh ray, through its rulership of the seventh manifested Creative Hierarchy and its rulership of the dense part of the seventh plane. 10. The Moon, exalted in Taurus, is a veil for the transmission of the fourth ray. 12. See #1 above. 11. The Moon, exalted in Taurus, is closely associated with the third ray and the third aspect of divinity. 13. See #3 above. 12. The Moon, exalted in Taurus, is closely connected to the third ray. (EA 280) 14. See #3 above. 13. The Moon also is related to the seventh ray, through its (the Moon’s) rulership of the seventh manifested Creative Hierarchy, and, in general, through its association with the dense physical plane—the lowest part of the seventh plane. 15. See #11 above. General Qualitative Comparisons, Contrasts and Pragmatic Descriptors
General Qualitative Comparisons, Contrasts
and Pragmatic Descriptors
Taurus In Comparison With Virgo 23. The “Mother of Illumination” 19. The “Virgin Mother” 24. The Buddha 20. The Goddess—especially the Earth Goddess 25. The Owner 21. The Servant 26. “Taurus.—Incentive behind evolution (Impulse). Desire for experience, for satisfaction. The Light of Knowledge (EA 259) 22. “Virgo.—Incentive behind discipleship (Goal). Desire for expression, spiritual desire. The Hidden Light of God (EA 259) 27. Taurus is the custodian of the “light of knowledge” (EA 260) 23. Virgo is the guardian of the “light of wisdom” (EA 260) 28. Taurus—the light of enlightenment—the full blaze of illumination 24. Virgo in relation to Light: “Virgo symbolises depths, darkness, quiet and warmth; it is the valley of deep experience wherein secrets are discovered and eventually "brought to light"; it is the place of slow, gentle and yet powerful crises and periodic developments which take place in the dark and yet which lead to light.” (EA 260) 29. In response to Taurus (before MSE), there is a reaction to the pulsation from Virgo, producing “that reaction to desire and that onward rush and powerful movement which distinguishes the evolutionary progress of the individual, working under the impulse of desire.” (EA 379) 25. In response to Virgo (before MSE) “the hidden life begins to pulsate within the concrete form”…” (EA 379) 30. In response to Taurus (MSE, ASE) the aspirant “begins his career—objectively and in full consciousness—… and ‘on the wings of aspiration proceeds towards Virgo”…(EA380) 26. In response to Virgo, the disciple “being both the Mother and the Child enters into the House of Labour.” (EA 380) 31. The “plains” (EA 284) 27. The “caves” (EA 284) 175. Taurus—for the Undeveloped Man: “Selfish desire. The Light of Earth.” (EA 332) 28. Virgo—for the Undeveloped Man: “The germinating energy. The Mother.” (EA 332) 176. Taurus—for the Advanced Man: “Aspiration. The Light of Love.” (EA 332) 29. Virgo—for the Advanced Man: “The creative force. The Protector.” (EA 332) 177. Taurus—for the Disciple/Initiate: “Illumined living. The Light of Life.” (EA 332) 30. Virgo—for the Disciple/Initiate: “The Christ activity. The Light.” (EA 332) 108. Yearly Opportunity in Relation to Taurus: When the Sun is in Taurus, an individual may cultivate 1. Yearly Opportunity in Relation to Virgo: When the Sun is in Virgo, an individual “will know that opportunity to bring the form more under the influence of the hidden Christ is possible…” (EA 564) 10. The Life of the Christ from the Taurean perspective: “Christ said (as have all the Sons of God Who know the true significance of the Fixed Cross), ‘I am the Light of the world,’ and he added, ‘if thine eye be single thy whole body shall he full of light.’ Taurus is, as you have heard, the Mother of Illumination, and [Page 566] the "eye of the Bull" is the symbol of the eye to which Christ made reference.” (EA 565-566) 31. The Life of the Christ from a Virgoan Perspective: “The Virgo aspect came into expression in His twelfth year when He said: ‘Wist ye not that I must be about My Father's business,’ thereby indicating the subordination of the form life to the will of the indwelling Christ; this was consummated when ‘divinity descended upon Him’ at the Baptism. (EA 564)
More is coming from the untranscribed tapes
Similarities and Points of Cooperation Between the Influences
Similarities and Points of Cooperation
Between the Zodiacal Influences
More is coming from the untranscribed tapes
Similarities and Points of Cooperation
Between the Influences of the Taurus and Virgo
More is coming from the untranscribed tapes