Tapestry of the Gods
by Michael D. Robbins (c)
Gemini & Leo
Important Foundational Relationships
Important Foundational Relationships
Gemini In Comparison With Leo 1. The Twins 1. The Lion 2. Esoteric Mantram: I recognise my other self, and in the waning of that self, I grow and glow. 2. Esoteric Mantram: I am That and That am I. 3. Exoteric/Evolutionary Mantram: And the Word said: Let instability do its work. 3. Exoteric/Evolutionary Mantram: And the Word said: Let other forms exist. I rule because I am.. 4. Quality of Light: The Light of Interplay. 4. Quality of Light: The Light of the Soul 5. Element: Air sign 5. Element: Fire Sign 6. The Mutable or Common Cross 6. Fixed Cross 7. Transmits R2 constellationally 7. Transmits R1 and R5 constellationally. 8. Secondarily, (assuredly, but not exclusively), transmits R4, R5 and R3 through Mercury, Venus and the Earth—its three planetary rulers on three levels—exoteric, esoteric and hierarchical. 8. Secondarily, (assuredly, but not exclusively), Leo transmits R2, R6 and R7 through the ‘Sun’ and the veiled Neptune and Uranus—its unveiled and veiled ruling planets on three levels—exoteric, esoteric and hierarchical. 9. Color: yellow 9. Color: orange 2. Creative Hierarchy number IV (unmanifested), characterized by the “Desire for Duality” 1. Creative Hierarchy number I (manifested), and VI of the twelve. Divine Flames, Divine Lives 13. Associated with the establishing of relationship between Father, Mother and Child at the first initiation (cf. EA 388); the clarifying, mind-illumining second initiation (EA 157, GWP 271); the crucifying, illusion-renouncing fourth (EA 472); and the resurrecting seventh initiations (the second ray initiation of fulfilled Love-Wisdom). (cf. R&I 88-89) 1. Associated with the Self-orienting first, the ‘solar-hearted’ second, (EA 298), the soul-dominant third and blazingly revelatory fifth initiations, and perhaps the consummately glorious seventh—all powerfully Sun-like. Especially the first and fifth are involved with Leo—the first giving entrance to the Fifth Kingdom and the fifth, by numerical affinity, can be seen as stimulated by the fifth sign. 2. Gemini (the third sign) can be associated with the thought-configuring, articulating throat center under the third ray; also with the duality-resolving, unifying heart center, and with the manipulating/blessing centers in the palms. Dualistic Gemini (ruled by oscillatory Mercury) can also be associated with the dualistic, decision-making, polarity-integrating ajna center, and with the system-uniting “kundalini” at the base of the spine. “Mercury demonstrates kundalini in intelligent activity” (EA 181)
10. Leo can be reasonably associated with the radiating , group-magnetizing heart center (and with the entire head center as well—the crown, the dome which is the organ of the ‘dominating’ soul or Spirit). “Leo within the heart and head shouted aloud and stood whilst Saturn did his work … and thus the twain were one.” (EA431) Leo can influence the solar plexus as one center of focus for the dominant personality (emotionally dominant) which Leo rules. The ajna center is the organ of the integrated (and dominating) personality which is also, generically, ruled by Leo. May not Leo also be associated with the heart center within the head? (Leo is ruled by the Sun; Vulcan may substitute for the Sun; Vulcan rules the “heart of the Sun”; the heart of the Sun works through the heart center within the head.)
7. The zodiacal signs influence the Monad of every human being (EA 411, 637, TCF 1191); the influence from Gemini makes it possible for the “Brother” who is the “prodigal son” to go forth into a “far country” (as the Monad-in-substantial-immersion), and yet, remain ‘at home’ within the Father’s House as the “elder Brother” Who did not go forth (i.e., as the Monad undiminished upon its own level of consciousness). Thus is the Monad “in the world yet not of the world”. Gemini endows the Monad with its all-pervasive omnipresence relative to the human energy system. “Having pervaded the entire Universe with a fragment of myself, I remain.” 11. The zodiacal signs influence the Monad of every human being (EA 411, 637, TCF 1191); the influence from Leo preserves within the Monad the will of the King of Shamballa (Who reflects the wills of the planetary and solar Logoi.) Leo makes of the Monad the true center of selfhood, and yet a “relinquished point” (EA 332) in a planetary sphere, the center of which is everywhere—within the planetary ring-pass-not. 8. Within the Triad—Gemini, the third sign, is related to higher manas (the third aspect of the Triad). Higher manas formulates into abstract thought the revelations of the ‘idea-patterns’ to be found upon the buddhic plane. Gemini, as its dualistic symbol reveals, is also related to the divine love, pure reason and intuitive revelations of buddhi, the second aspect of the Spiritual Triad. 2. Within the Triad—Leo can be related principally to atma, the spiritual will, as it reflects the will of the “Central Spiritual Sun”—the monadic aspect, whether of man, the planetary Logos or the solar Logos. Since Leo, the second fire sign, is associated with the second ray and with consciousness, it can be related to the revelations of divine love and illumined wisdom emanating from buddhi. The ruler of Leo is the Sun, transmitting the second ray—the ray expressed through buddhi. The fifth ray transmitted through Leo relates it to higher manas. 9. In relation to the Solar Angel, and the soul-consciousness (and causal body) through which it expresses—Gemini can be seen as governing the pulsations of Solar-Angelic thought and vitality which rhythmically stimulate the personality. Gemini can be associated with the attempt the Solar Angel to communicate with and instruct the personality. 3. In relation to the Solar Angel, and the soul-consciousness (and causal body) through which it expresses—Leo is a pervasive and fundamental solar influence. The causal body is a “sun-flower”; soul-consciousness is to the personality as a luminous sun; and the Solar Angel emanates (with respect to our system) from the “heart of the sun”. In a broad sense, Leo can be seen as governing the radiant light, magnetic love, luminous consciousness, and authoritative power of the Solar Angel which it wills, assertively, to express through the personality. 10. Within the Personality—Gemini can be identified with the flexible associative processes and informational receptivity of the lower mental nature, which becomes, eventually, especially responsive to the antahkarana; with the bi-polar fluctuations of the astral nature, vacillating conflicted between the pairs of opposites (EA 362); in general, with the etheric nature and its network of interplaying vital-electric currents and with the sprightliness and rejuvenation of the dense physical nature. Gemini is especially related to the etheric vehicle. (EA 352) (The vehicular focus and its degree of prominence, depends upon the stage of evolutionary development.) 4. Within the Personality—Leo can be identified with dominating and imposing attitudes within the lower mental nature; with the dramatic and expressive qualities of the astral nature—Leo is correlated with the astral permanent atom (EA 302); with the prana and natural radiance of the etheric vehicle; and, in general, with the strength of the dense physical vehicle. Leo is related to the integrated personality as a whole. (EA 253, 486, 620) (The vehicular focus and its degree of prominence, depends upon the stage of evolutionary development.) 3. Stage within a Preliminary Fourfold Meditative Process: Vitalization 12. Stage of Meditative Consciousness: Concentration. “Leo—Concentration—Soul life focussed in form. Individualisation. Self-consciousness. Undeveloped and average man. Human experience.” (EA 228) 4. The Crisis of Renunciation characterized by the quality of Crucifixion 13. The Crisis of the Burning Ground characterized by the process of Liberation (EA 472)
Wider Relationships: Cosmic and Systemic
Gemini In Comparison With Leo 1. Expressive, principally, of the second or Love aspect of divinity. (EA 351) “It is the constellation Gemini and its inherent second ray influence which control every one of the pairs of opposites in the Great Wheel.” (EA 346) Gemini, ‘Lord of Intelligence’, is also closely linked by numerical affinity to the third or Intelligence aspect. “…Gemini is the third sign and embodies what is called ‘a third potency’…” (EA 355) “Ray 3.—Active Intelligence, under the influence of this third sign, Gemini, slowly conditioning the etheric body.” (EA 357) 1. Expressive primarily of the second and first aspects of divinity. “Leo is the focal point for the expression of the second aspect, the love-wisdom or consciousness aspect. This, primarily where humanity is concerned.” (EA 194) Leo is also the second fire sign. Its transmission of the first ray connects Leo to the first aspect, and the transmission of the fifth ray, to the first as well as the third aspects. The fifth ray transmission connects Leo to the second aspect, for upon the fifth plane, the redeeming, second-ray Solar Angels (all of them, “hearts of fiery love”) are to be found. 2. Cosmically associated with Sirius. “1. Gemini—forms a point of entrance for cosmic energy from Sirius.” (EA 349) Sirius and Gemini are both related to Masonry. (cf. EA 350) Sirius and Gemini were active together in the individualization process. (cf. EA 355) Gemini is also associated with the Pleiades. “Gemini—Sagittarius—Mercury (which are an expression of the Pleiades) enable the Probationary Disciple to pass on to the Path of Accepted Discipleship.” (EA 466) 2. Strongly associated with Sirius.” Leo, in the cosmic sense (and apart from our solar system altogether) is ruled by Sirius. Sirius is the home of that greater Lodge to which our fifth initiation admits a man and to which it brings him, as a humble disciple.” (EA 299) “The influences of Sirius, three in number, are focussed in Regulus, which is, as you know, a star of the first magnitude and which is frequently called ‘the heart of the Lion’.” (EA 300) “Third Triangle: Sirius—Leo—Jupiter—Hierarchy.” (EA 417) “…Sirius governs Leo.” (EA 299) (also 447 re Sirius, Leo, Uranus and first initiation)
Also cosmically related to the Great Bear. Leo “is also peculiarly susceptible to the influence of that Pointer in the Great Bear which is the nearest to the Pole Star.” (EA196) Leo transmits energy from the Great Bear to Saturn and, thence, Shamballa. (cf. EA 427-428, 435)
3. Three Constellations Connected with Gemini: a) Lepus—the Hare; b) Canis Minor—the Lesser Dog (including Procyon) c) Canis Major—the Greater Dog (including Sirius) (LOH 68-70) 3. Three Constellations Connected with Leo: a) Hydra—the Serpent; b) Crater—the Cup; c) Corvus—the Raven (LOH 105-108)
Relationships Between Three Levels of Planetary Rulers,
and Planets in Exaltation, Fall and Detriment
10. There are no obvious lines of comparison between the ruling planets of both signs. In Comparison With 14. There are no obvious lines of comparison between the ruling planets of both signs. 11. The Earth is the hierarchical ruler of Gemini. 15. The Sun is the exoteric ruler of Leo, and the Earth (heliocentrically) is always opposite the Sun. 12. Jupiter is in exoteric detriment in Gemini (though powerfully placed esoterically) 16. Jupiter can be reasonably thought as the planet which the exoterically ruling Sun veils.
Subtle Relationships Between Rays,
Zodiacal and Planetary Energies
Gemini In Comparison With Leo 1. Gemini transmits the second ray constellationally
1. The Sun (veiling an unknown planet) is esoteric, exoteric and hierarchical ruler of Leo, and transmits the second ray through its soul and personality. “It is the ray which governs the ‘personality’ of our solar Logos, if such an expression may be used, and (because it is dual) it indicates both His personality and soul rays,…” (EPI 334) “Leo is the focal point for the expression of the second aspect, the love-wisdom or consciousness aspect. This, primarily where humanity is concerned.” (EA 194) Neptune, the veiled esoteric ruler of Leo, also—though not as powerfully as the sixth—transmits the second ray monadically (EPI 421). Counting from Pisces., Leo is the eighth sign of the zodiac on the clockwise wheel and, hence, has numerical affinity with the Christ (Who is the Exemplar, for humanity, of the second ray). Jupiter, which may be veiled even exoterically by the Sun in Leo, also transmits the second ray. (cf. 297) Uranus, the veiled hierarchical ruler, is part of a second ray transmission from Sirius, via Pisces, and, also, is most probably the mental body within the manifestation of a great second ray Entity. (EPII 99)
16. Gemini is the third sign of the zodiac on the reversed wheel, and therefore, has numerical affinity with the number three and with the third ray “Ray 3.—Active Intelligence, under the influence of this third sign, Gemini, slowly conditioning the etheric body.” (EA 357)“The fact that Gemini is the third sign and embodies what is called ‘a third potency’ enabled it to reach, with its force, the third kingdom and produce that reaction which resulted in the individualising or the humanising of its higher forms of life.” (EA 355) 1. Neptune, veiled esoteric ruler of Leo, is the “God of the Waters”, and is associated with the third ray, because “water” is “matter.” (EA 275) Uranus is closely associated with the third ray, and may well transmit this ray as its personality ray. “Two of our planets, the Earth (non-sacred) and Uranus (sacred), are directly the product of this third ray activity.” (EA 200). Jupiter answers to Jupiter . Jupiter transmits the threefold energies of the Sun, exoterically. (cf. EA 297) In this case, Jupiter is related to the third aspect of the Sun’s energy. Leo is the ninth sign of the zodiac counting counterclockwise from Aries, and hence, is related to the third ray. These are oblique references. In general , Leo, is not much related to the third ray. 2. Gemini is the eleventh sign of the zodiac on the clockwise wheel and, therefore, has numerical affinity with the number two and with the second ray. 2. See #1 above. 3. Gemini is the fifth sign of the zodiac if one numbers in polarities (Aries-Libra-Taurus-Scorpio-Gemini-etc.) This indicates a resonance with the fifth ray. 3. Leo transmits the fifth ray constellationally. Leo is the fifth sign of the zodiac on the reversed wheel and, hence, has numerical affinity with the number five and with the fifth ray. 4. Gemini is the tenth sign of the zodiac on the clockwise wheel, IF one begins numbering from Pisces (as the Tibetan does in relation to Leo) This indicates a resonance with the first ray, though there is, otherwise, little first ray to be found within this sign, proper. 4. Leo transmits ray one constellationally. Uranus, the Sun-veiled hierarchical ruler of Leo, transmits the first ray monadically. (EPI 421) 17. Mercury is the exoteric ruler of Gemini and transmits the fourth ray. As well, the constellation Gemini is associated with the fourth ray. “Ray 4.—Harmony through Conflict, under the influence of Gemini-Sagittarius, staging those situations upon the astral plane which will produce the conflict in the astral body which is essential to the final treading of the burning ground and subsequent release.” (EA 357) 5. There are no strong representations of the fourth ray in Leo. Only Neptune, the Sun-veiled esoteric ruler, is related to the fourth ray, because it is a ruler of the fourth plane, the buddhic plane. (cf. EA 666) The heart center, ruled by Leo, is however the fourth chakra, and our Sun and its solar system (‘ruling’ Leo) is a system of the fourth order. Also, as the eighth sign on the clockwise wheel, Leo has affinity with the eight of Mercury—the “Messenger at the eighth gate.” Mercury channels the fourth ray. Further, Leo is the eighth sign of the zodiac on the clockwise wheel and, hence is related to Mercury (EA 298). 5. Mercury is closely associated with the third ray, and probably transmits this ray as its personality ray. 6. See #3 above. 6. Mercury has a close relation to the fifth ray, through its relation to the fifth scheme, the fifth round, the fifth race and sub-race. “The fifth race is born under Mercury.” (EA 663) 7. See #4 above. 7. Venus, the esoteric ruler of Gemini, transmits the fifth ray. 8. See #4 above. 8. Venus is “pure love-wisdom” and, therefore, can be seen as transmitting the second ray (probably as the personality ray) (cf. EA 281) “…the second ray is the ray at present of the planetary Logos” (DINA II 210) 9. See #1 above. 9. Venus is the “home of the planetary Logos of the sixth Ray” (EA 595) thus transmits the sixth ray, probably monadically, just as Uranus, with its first ray Monad, is the “home of fire electric” (TCF 1154) 10. Neptune, is the veiled esoteric ruler of Leo and transmits the sixth ray. 10. The Earth is the hierarchical ruler of Gemini and transmits the third ray, its personality ray. “…it was necessary to call attention to this great determining factor, the third ray, which is the personality ray of our planetary Logos.” (EP I 338) (cf. EA 619) 11. See #2 above. 11. The Earth transmits the second ray, its soul ray. “It [the first ray] is the monadic ray of our planetary Logos, Whose Soul ray is the second and the personality ray the third.” (EA 619) 12. See #1 above. 12. The Earth transmits (however weakly) the first ray—its monadic ray. (cf. EA 619) 13. See #5 above. 13. There are no strong seventh ray transmissions through Gemini, proper. Jupiter and Saturn, which have a special relation to this sign (one demonstrating the fusion of Spirit and soul, and the other the confrontation with the Dweller) both have seventh ray components. 14. Uranus, the Sun-veiled hierarchical ruler of Leo, transmits the seventh ray. Jupiter, through which the Sun on the Mutable Cross transmits the lowest three energies, distributes the seventh ray through “ritualistic worship.” (cf. 297, 648, 660) General Qualitative Comparisons, Contrasts and Pragmatic Descriptors
General Qualitative Comparisons, Contrasts
and Pragmatic Descriptors
Gemini In Comparison With Leo 4. Gemini can be reasonably associated with the throat and heart chakras and the chakras in the hands. 4. Leo is associated with the heart chakra, and (defensibly) with the heart-in-the-head. 5. The Messenger 5. The King 6. The Son or siblings 6. The Father 7. The Student 7. The Guru 8. The Interpreter 8. The Ruler 9. The Antahkarana 9. The Causal Body 10. Angels as “Messengers” 10. Angels or Devas as the “Shining Ones” 11. Consciousness—based always upon Duality 11. Being—based upon ‘Monality’ 12. Gemini in general: Mind, Consciousness and Love. 12. Leo in general: Will and Identification 13. In relation to the higher aspects of man’s constitution—Gemini stands for the dualism between Spirit and soul. 13. In relation to the higher aspects of man’s constitution—Leo can be reasonably associated with Atma, the will aspect. 14. In relation to the middle aspects of man’s constitution, Gemini stands for the dualism between soul and personality. 14. In relation to the middle aspects of man’s constitution, Leo can be understood as influencing the causal body and the Solar Angel. 15. In relation to the personality, Gemini can be reasonably related to a dualistic interplay between the lower mind and the etheric vehicle. 15. In relation to the personality, Leo can be reasonably related to the integrated personality as a whole. 16. Within the personality, Gemini has a strong connection to the etheric body. (EA 352) 16. Within the personality, Leo (the number of which is five) has a strong connection to the lower mind. “…in Leo the intellect or mind became part of the individual man’s equipment.” (EA 179) 17. The intuition (MSE, ASE) 17. The transpersonal wisdom of Ego within the causal body 18. The “bridge of light”—the intercourse of two domains (above and below) 18. The Kingdom of the Soul 19. Gemini: “expressive of man’s essential duality.” (EA 161) 19. Leo: “concerned with individualisation” (EA 161) 20. Gemini: “the soul-body relation” (EA 230) 20. Leo: “the God-man in Leo-Virgo” (EA 230) 21. Individualization in Relation to Gemini: “At that time the Sun was in Leo. The process then initiated upon the physical plane and producing outer physical events took approximately 5,000 years to mature…” (EA 64) 21. Individualization in Relation to Leo: “… and the Sun was in Gemini when the final crisis of individualisation took place and the door was then closed upon the animal kingdom.” (EA 64) 22. Gemini in Relation to Masonry: “Gemini governs the F:C degree.” (EA 64) Gemini is symbolized by “the two pillars…Jachin and Boaz…” (EA 126-127) 22. Leo in Relation to Masonry:
“Leo governs the E:A degree” (EA 64)
23. Gemini is strongly related to the second initiation, but to the first as well. (EA 157) 23. Leo is strongly related to the first initiation. (cf. EA 157) 24. The Will-to-Love (under the second ray) 24. The Will-to-Illumine (under the first and fifth rays). “…will-to-illumine, which constitutes the driving urge towards self-knowledge, self-perception and intellectual positivity>” (EA 289) 25. The Will to Know 25. The Will-to-Rule: ”… the will-to-rule and to dominate, which is of such a controlling nature in this sign and such a subtle potency in the Leo type. It is this will-to-rule which leads a person born in this sign eventually to achieve self-mastery and the control of the personality (for either a good motive or a selfish one), and it is also the same tendency which leads him finally to the control by the personality, ruled by Leo, of groups and large or small bodies of people.” (EA 289) 6. Gemini—for the Undeveloped Man: “Mutation of relation. ‘I serve myself’.” (EA 332) 1. Leo—for Undeveloped Man: “The lower self. The hidden point.” (EA 332) 7. Gemini—for the Advanced Man: “Orientation of ‘I serve my brother’.” (EA 332) 2. Leo—for Advanced Man: “The Higher Self. The revealing point.”(EA 332) 8. Gemini—for the Disciple/Initiate: “Right relation ‘I serve the One’.” (EA 332) 3. Leo—for the Disciple/Initiate: “The One Self. The relinquished point” (EA 332) 1. Yearly Opportunity in Relation to Gemini: When the Sun is in Gemini, an individual may cultivate the dialogue between soul and personality—a dialogue which stimulates the intuition. “In the coming world religion this fact will be noted and in the month of June, which is essentially the month in which the influences of Gemini are peculiarly strong, due advantage will be taken in order to bring man nearer to the spiritual realities.” (EA 355) 4. Yearly Opportunity in Relation to Leo: When the Sun is in Leo the disciple may seek to integrate his personality more fully, strengthen the individual note he sounds, and achieve spiritual positivity with respect to the lunar nature. 9. The Life of the Christ from a Geminian Perspective: “The Gemini aspect of His life is shown in the perfect fusion of the basic duality found in humanity: the human and the divine.” (EA 564) 5. The life of the Christ from the Leonian perspective: “This is the sign of self-conscious identity. This is testified to by Christ in the words He spoke to His disciples: ‘What shall it profit a man if he gain the whole world and lose his soul?’ or his own centre of self-consciousness—that significant point of attainment which must precede all the more inclusive states of consciousness.” (EA566) Flexibility of Will Fixity of Will Adaptation Assertion Dualistic Monistic Being two contrasting selves Being exactly who one is—identifiable, integrated selfhood. Oscillation Centralization Bi-polar attention Concentration Emphasizing relationships Emphasizing governing principles
Knowing as an end in itself—in relation to the third ray qualities of Gemini
Willingness to be an example of what one knows. Interchange—going and coming, to and from others. 26. Magnetism—drawing others towards and into oneself 26. The concrete mind (ESE, MSE) 27. The accumulated wisdom within the causal body (the “sunflower”) 27. Brilliance of intellect 28. Brilliant radiation of selfhood—personal and supra-personal. One who shines. 28. Dialogue. Conversation 29. Monologue 29. Soul-personality interplay and dynamically fluid fusion. (ASE) 30. Personality isolation from the soul. (ESE, MSE) 30. Thinking and speaking from that which has been learned in books and from others. 31. Thinking and speaking “from the heart”, and on the basis of one’s own personal experience. 31. Brotherliness 32. Authoritativeness 32. Cooperativeness: “I serve my brother” (EA 332) 33. Ego-induced self-determination and rebellion 33. Perspective upon the self. “I recognize my other self…” 34. Initial lack of perspective upon the self. “I am” ‘I see only myself’ (ESE, MSE). “The world revolves around me.” 34. Objectivity 35. Less capable of objectivity 35. Humor at one’s own expense 36. Taking oneself “seriously” 36. Mobility 37. Fixity 37. Swiftness 38. Stateliness 38. Nimble, ready to move 39. Hesitant to move, lazy. “The lion must emerge from its lair.” (EA 310) 39. Flexibility 40. Inflexibility—self-willed 40. Discontinuity 41. Continuity 41. Superficiality, shallowness 42. Integrity, depth of character 42. Literary 43. Dramatic 43. The rapid processing of information 44. Needing to channel information through the filter of selfhood 44. Cool and detached 45. Passionate and intense. Invested “body and soul.” 45. Cowardice 46. Courage—“cour”-“age.” The “cour” is the heart, over which Leo rules. 46. Deviousness (DN 81) 47. Speaking straight and “from the heart” Similarities and Points of Cooperation Between the Influences
Similarities and Points of Cooperation
Between the Zodiacal Influences
Both have luminosity and brillianceBoth of these signs are associated with the principle of Soul illumination and with the illumination of the mind.
Both were peculiarly active at the time of individualisation when the self-conscious, human unit, Leo was created through the union of the Angel and the animal, symbolized by the 2 poles of Gemini.
The egoic lotus itself may be considered both a Leonian sunflower and an hermaphroditic demonstration of both positive and negative electricity under the influence of Gemini. There is an unusual brightness associated with these 2 signs.
Remember that the 2nd ray and the 5th rays are the most luminous, “The brightest of all souls being the 2nd ray types and the most advanced Ray Lords being of the intensest luminosity. “
The light of the soul is very much related to these 2 signs and to the 2nd ray pouring through Gemini and to the 5th ray pouring through Leo.
Leo is said to be the most human of all the zodiacal signs and Gemini, symbolized by the twins Castor and Pollux, gives a faithful reflection of the human nature. The higher potentials of strictly human nature are represented by these two signs.
In the sky it is curious and significant to note that the constellations Gemini and Leo are quite bright whereas the constellation Cancer is virtually invisible to the naked eye.
It may be said that both Gemini and Leo are related to our present solar system and to the Solar Logos – Cancer being more an influence of the past and being related to the previous incarnation of our present Solar Logos. It might be hypothesized that Gemini forms a triangle with our Sun and every other constellation for Gemini is the relational element.
Both Gemini and Leo are related to the principle of consciousness. Leo is determined to achieve self-consciousness through sensitivity to the Self and the not Self. Gemini also gives sensitivity to the 2 selves, one of which is more authentic than the other. Witness the statement, “I see my other self and in the waning of the self I grow and glow.”
Consciousness as a factor is directly related to the 2nd Ray and since Leo rules the heart, its connection with the 2nd ray cannot be denied. Although Gemini lacks the 1st Ray, it is definitely related to the breath and the breath is related to the Life. Within the heart, ruled by Leo, the life force is also concentrated. So these 2 signs together convey animation by the life force and indeed natives of these signs are notably animated.
There is also a distinct relationship between Leo, Gemini and the Solar Angels. The Solar Angels might be considered the higher selves of humanity. They are beings from the heart of the Sun and are related to the planet Venus as well. The Solar Angels could be considered Lords of Venus or Lords from the counsel within the heart of the Sun. Their lordship connects them with the sign Leo as does their originating home – the heart of the Sun. Their higher nature and the dialogue into which they enter with the human unit they supervise, suggests the sign Gemini and so the solar angels have both a Leonian and Geminian function.
Not only the soul but the concrete mind is related to Leo and Gemini – via Mercury all mental processes are connected to Gemini and Leo with its distribution of the 5th ray, is numerically resonant to the 5th principle, the mental principle. That which gives self-consciousness is in fact the mental principle and the ability to focus within the concrete mind.
Both of these signs then are not only intimately related to the concrete mind but to the principle of self-consciousness and later soul-consciousness.
Leo and Gemini are extraordinarily related to all that makes man fully human and eventually what makes man super-human.
They are related to his heart and soul and to this mind. Leo of course, has a strong relationship to the will as well. It is interesting that the heart is both divided and unified. The heart from one point of view is the seat of desire and desire is dualistic. The heart therefore moves in 2 directions and is associated with the duality of Gemini but the heart is also the organ of unification whereby subject and object are united and is therefore related to Leo.
Via the activity of the Gemini and Leo, the 2nd and 3rd aspects of divinity can be united. The intelligence aspect, via Gemini and the throat centre, with the love aspect via the heart and Leo. Via the agency of these 2 signs, the mind is made at once loving and unified, a pool of divine light and Solar Angel becomes a living reality.
Leo and Gemini are charged with the increasing the luminosity of all levels of the human being but especially the luminosity of consciousness. This is a consciousness solar system after all, rather than one with the focus upon matter.
These 2 signs are particularly related to this solar system.
Both of these signs have a direct connection with the star Sirius which itself transmits both the 2nd and 5th Ray and conveys the union of love and mind. Sirius being the brightest of the stars as far as a solar system is concerned, it is naturally associated with luminosity which reinforces the luminosity inducing tendencies of Gemini and Leo.
Missing or Weak Links Between Gemini and Leo
Only the seventh ray is not represented among the rays relating Gemini and Leo. It is not found in Gemini. In Leo, Uranus is the veiled hierarchical ruler, and transmits the seventh ray. Just as in the sign Cancer, Jupiter is very important as a possible exoteric planetary ruler of Leo. (cf. EA 297) Jupiter transmits the seventh ray. In one way only may there by a seventh ray relationship between Gemini and Leo. Jupiter holds a special place in relation to Gemini—uniting Spirit and soul at a certain high point of evolution. This would be a cross link to the possibly exoterically veiled Jupiter which transmits the lower threefold energies of the Sun.