Tapestry of the Gods
by Michael D. Robbins (c)
Virgo & Libra
Important Foundational Relationships
Important Foundational Relationships
Virgo In Comparison With Libra 1. The Virgin 1. The Scales 2. Esoteric Mantrams: I am the Mother and the Child, I, God, I matter am.
Christ in you, the hope of glory.
2. Esoteric Mantram: I choose the way that leads between the two great lines of force. 3. Exoteric/Evolutionary Mantram: And the Word said: Let matter reign. 3. Exoteric/Evolutionary Mantram: And the Word said: Let choice be made. 4. Quality of Light: The blended dual Light. 4. Quality of Light: The Light that moves to rest 5. Element: Earth Sign 5. Element: Air Sign 6. Mutable or Common Cross 6. Cardinal Cross 7. Transmits R2 and R6 constellationally. 7. Transmits R3 constellationally. 8. Secondarily, (assuredly, but not exclusively) Virgo transmits R4, R4, R6, R1, and R2 through Mercury, the Moon, the veiled Neptune, the veiled Vulcan, and, also, Jupiter—all these are its planetary rulers on three levels—exoteric, esoteric and hierarchical. 8. Secondarily, (assuredly, but not exclusively) Libra transmits R5, R7 and R3 through Venus, Uranus and Saturn—its three planetary rulers on three levels—exoteric, esoteric and hierarchical. 9. Color: yellow (Mercury rulership). Blue-green is an additional reasonable possibility. 9. Color: indigo. Green (strong Saturn) should not be ignored. 10. Creative Hierarchy number II (manifested) and VII of 12. Divine Builders conferring Soul; the Burning Sons of Desire 10. Creative Hierarchy number III (manifested). Lesser Builders, Conferring Form, the Triple Flowers. 11. Associated with the stages immediately preceding the ‘birthing’, form-regulating first initiation (EA 67, 471); then, with the cleansing, purifying second initiations, and possibly with the decisive, Monad-establishing sixth (introduction to true monadic living) 11. Associated with the regulatory, balancing, reorienting first initiation; with the proportion-inducing, ideal-subduing, de-glamorizing second initiation, and with the decisive, nirvanic sixth initiation—the initiation of Decision.
12. Virgo can be reasonably understood as influencing, particularly, the cherishing, patient, maternally-loving heart center (through the second ray), and the persistently devoted solar plexus center (through the sixth). In addition to its influence upon a number of smaller, sub-diaphragmatic centers associated with the solar plexus, Virgo must have an influence upon the ajna center—as an organ of discrimination and discernment. The mysteries of generation are ruled by the Moon, which rules Virgo esoterically; a sacral center association is, thereby, reasonable. The six of the sacral center leads to the twelve of the heart.
12. Libra can be reasonably associated with the sexually-unitive, form-generating sacral center, and with the decision-making, force-balancing, triadally responsive ajna center. Libra has so much of the third ray (as do its rulers Uranus and Saturn, with Venus ruling Taurus, the sign of the throat) that throat center influence is to be expected. Libra can be connected be connected with the center at the base of the spine, from which stems the Sushumna—the “royal road” to Shamballa. (cf. EA 168) 13. The zodiacal signs influence the Monad of every human being (EA 411, 637, TCF 1191); the influence from Virgo is powerful in monadic life because the second manifested Creative Hierarchy (Who are the “prototypes of the Monads”—TCF 1197) are ruled by Virgo and its hierarchical ruler, Jupiter. One motivation of the descending Monad is the perfection of matter (in this case, the substance of the first solar system). With this mission, Virgo is intimately concerned. 13. The zodiacal signs influence the Monad of every human being (EA 411, 637, TCF 1191); the influence from Libra governs the ‘Path of Return”, by means of which the immersed Monad regains its originating source. (cf. EA 168) Libra also endows the Monad with power from the Dragon and Pleiades and ensures that the Monad performs its part in the balancing of planetary karma, for every Monad is a cell within the planetary Logos. 14. Within the Triad—Virgo ( esoterically ruled in part by Neptune, and hierarchically by second ray Jupiter, and transmitting, itself, the second ray), is related primarily to buddhi (the second aspect of the Triad), bestowing as it does the second ray and a higher correspondence to “mother love”—a divine, maternal compassion. Virgo is also associated with the third ray, and the third divine aspect, and hence, even if indirectly, with higher manas, the third triadal aspect. 14. In relation to the Triad—it can be said that Libra (the ruler of the third manifested Creative Hierarchy—the Triple Flowers) rules the Spiritual Triad as a whole. Within the Triad Libra, transmitting constellationally (exoterically) only the third ray, and related to “super-mind”, is clearly influential in relation to the higher mind—higher manas. Libra and Saturn are also express through the atmic plane, and hence are related to the principle—atma—Spiritual Will. Not surprisingly, Libra “admits the soul” to Shamballa. Eventually, Libra, ruling the union of all polarities, will be shown to be related to buddhi as well. 15. In relation to the Solar Angel, and the soul-consciousness (and causal body) through which it expresses—Virgo, like Cancer, can be seen in the ‘mother’ role—with Virgo providing a nurturing and discriminatively cleansing energy, utilized by the Solar Angel to improve the quality of its personality manifestation. Virgo, as the Solar Angel expresses it, is the will to manifest love intelligently through matter, until the Christ energy pours successfully through the personality-form and a relative perfection is reached. 15. In relation to the Solar Angel, and the soul-consciousness (and causal body) through which it expresses—Libra represents the skill, wisdom and power of the Solar Angel to supervise a balanced development in its personality. Libra is one of the major signs of karma, which the Solar Angel wisely administrates to ensure that the personality is eventually governed by the Law of Love. 16. Within the Personality—Virgo can be identified with the discriminative, analytical, and selective processes of the lower mental nature; with the cleansing and purification of the astral nature; with the magnetic purity of the etheric nature; with the general health and nutrition and of the dense physical vehicle. Virgo, via the Moon, is particularly related to the dense physical vehicle and to all personality substance as a whole. (EA 194) (The vehicular focus and its degree of prominence, depends upon the stage of evolutionary development.) 16. Within the Personality—Libra can be identified with the evaluative, judicial and decision-making processes of the lower mental nature; with balancing and proportion-inducing processes within the astral nature; with the harmonizing of energy flows within the etheric nature; and, in general, with the energetic balance of the dense physical form. Libra has a special connection with the mental permanent atom. (EA 302) (The vehicular focus and its degree of prominence, depends upon the stage of evolutionary development.) 17. Stage of Meditative Consciousness: Meditation proper. “Virgo—Meditation—Soul life, as sensed in man, the gestation period. The stage of the hidden Christ. Intelligent man. Personality, as hiding the Christ life.” (EA 228) 17. Stage of Meditative Consciousness: Contemplation. “Libra—Contemplation—Life of soul and form is balanced. Neither dominates. Equilibrium. An interlude wherein the soul organises itself for battle and the personality waits. This is the probationary path. Duality known.” (EA 228) 18. The Crisis of the Birthplace characterized by the process/quality of Initiation 18.
Wider Relationships: Cosmic and Systemic
Virgo In Comparison With Libra 1. Expressive of both the second and third aspects of divinity, but especially well-rooted in the third. “Virgo is the focal point for the expression of the third aspect, that of active intelligence. In that sign the highest function of matter is symbolised.” (EA 194, also 280) 1. Expressive, principally of the third aspect of the divinity, with an expression of the second aspect slowly emerging.” “This sign is consequently closely connected with the third aspect of the Godhead.” (EA 243) “It is through a study of Libra that light upon the third aspect will come.” (EA 244) “Libra—Divine Love—Understanding” (EA333) 2. Cosmically associated principally with the Pleiades. “One of the most esoteric cycles is based upon certain conjunctions and respective positions of Virgo and the Pleiades.” (EA 657) “Virgo is inseparable from Leo and the Pleiades and the Hyades.” (EA 679) Virgo is related to several feminine constellations which figure importantly in the astrology of the form. “There is Cassiopea, Venus, Coma Berenice, Andromeda and one or two others, as well as Virgo, the Virgin, the most important of them all.” (EA 400) 2. Related cosmically to the Pleiades. “Libra—is related to and transmits the potencies of the Pleiades.” (EA 349) Libra is also related to the Dragon and the Dragon to the Pleiades. “The adepts who choose this Path are called esoterically the ‘beneficent dragons,’ and the energy with which they work and the stream of living force upon which they are found emanates from the constellation of the Dragon, working through the zodiacal sign Libra.” (TCF 1245) D.K. speaks of the “…buddhic force, which is transmitted via the Seven Sisters or the Pleiades from a constellation called the Dragon…” (TCF 1162) Libra is related to one of the stars in the Great Bear. (A triangle?—Mizar-Libra-Sun?) (R&I 404) 3. Three Constellations Connected with Virgo: a) Coma Berenice—the Mother of the Form Only; b) The Centaur—Half Man/Half Horse; c) Bootes—the One Who is Coming (LOH 120) 3. Three Constellations Connected with Libra: a) The Southern Cross; b) Lupus—the Wolf; c) Corona—the Crown (LOH 137-138)
Relationships Between Three Levels of Planetary Rulers,
and Planets in Exaltation, Fall and Detriment
Virgo In Comparison With Libra 1. Venus falls in Virgo. 1. Venus is the exoteric ruler of Libra.
Subtle Relationships Between Rays,
Zodiacal and Planetary Energies
Virgo In Comparison With Libra 1. Virgo transmits the second ray constellationally. Virgo is also the eleventh sign of the zodiac, counting by polarities (Aries-Libra, Taurus-Scorpio, Gemini-etc.), which reinforces its resonance with the second ray. 1. Libra is also the second sign when numbering by polarities (Aries, Libra, Taurus, Scorpio, etc., and, hence, has numerical resonance with the second ray, which it may more powerfully express in a future world period. Venus (exoteric ruler), called by the Tibetan, “pure love wisdom” can be considered as transmitting the second ray. (EA 281) 2. Virgo transmits the sixth ray constellationally. 2. Counting from Pisces as the first sign (which the Tibetan also does) Libra is the sixth sign on the clockwise wheel, and, hence, numerically resonant with the sixth ray. Venus, exoteric ruler of Libra, is closely associated with the sixth ray (TCF 595), and probably transmits this ray monadically. If one begins with Pisces as one counts signs upon the ordinary wheel (and this the Tibetan does at least once), Libra is the sixth sign, thus having resonance with the sixth ray. 3. Virgo (the second oldest of the constellations) is associated with the third ray—the ray of the previous solar system. “…it might be said that Cancer is an expression (in the stage of great advancement) of the first half of the life cycle in solar system one, whilst Virgo is an equally advanced expression of the second half” (EA 256). 3. Libra transmits the third ray, constellationally. Uranus, the esoteric ruler, is closely associated with the third ray (EA 138, 200), and may well transmit this ray as its personality ray. Saturn, exalted and ruling hierarchically, transmits the third ray monadically and probably, in addition, through its soul. 4. Virgo is the sixth sign of the zodiac on the reversed wheel and, hence, has numerical affinity with the number six and with the sixth ray. 4. See #2 above. 5. Virgo is the seventh sign on the clockwise wheel, if the numbering begins with Pisces (which the Tibetan does in relation to Leo). This points out Virgo’s numerical affinity with the seventh ray. 5. Libra is the seventh sign of the zodiac on both the reversed and ordinary wheels and, hence, has numerical affinity with the seventh ray. Uranus, ruling Libra esoterically, transmits the seventh ray. Saturn, ruling hierarchically and exalted, has seventh ray associations, through its rulership of the dense systemic physical plane and cosmic physical plane—being the permanent atom of the latter. (TCF 406). 6. Virgo is the eleventh sign of the zodiac on the reversed wheel, if one numbers in polarities (Aries-Libra-Taurus-Scorpio-etc.). This reinforces its connection with the second ray and also points to an affinity with Aquarius and Gemini the eleventh sign on the reversed and clockwise wheels respectively. 6. See #1 above. 7. Mercury is the exoteric ruler of Virgo (and also exalted) and transmits the fourth ray. 7. Libra, because of its oscillatory nature, may well have some subtle fourth ray associations—destined to emerge more in other world periods. Venus, too, seems to have the higher more harmonious part of the fourth ray associated with it. But there are no direct fourth ray connections linking these two constellations. 8. Mercury, the exoteric ruler which, additionally, is exalted in Virgo, has a close relation to the third ray. (EA 280) 8. See #3 above. 9. Mercury has a close relation to the fifth ray, through its relation to the fifth scheme, the fifth round, the fifth race and sub-race. “The fifth race is born under Mercury.” (EA 663)
9. Venus, the exoteric ruler of Libra, transmits the fifth ray. Uranus has strong fifth ray associations through its rulership of “exoteric science” (EA 149), and Saturn is easily seen as associated with the concrete mind (the generic ray of which is the fifth), and with the Law of Cleavages. “This fifth ray energy operates in connection with the Law of Cleavages.” (R&I 602).
10. The Moon is the esoteric ruler of Virgo, and transmits the fourth ray. 10. See #7 above. 11. The Moon is anciently related to the third ray, being associated with dense physical “matter” and with the Moon Chain and the first solar system in which the third ray was dominant. 11. See #3 above. 12. The Moon is also associated with the seventh ray, through its rulership of the seventh manifested Creative Hierarchy and its rulership of the dense part of the seventh plane. 12. See #5 above. 13. Vulcan is a veiled esoteric ruler in Virgo and transmits the first ray. 13. Libra governs the entry into Shamballa, hence must be associated with the first ray. “Libra admits the soul into the world centre which we call Shamballa, for it is the polar opposite of Aries which is the place of beginnings” (EA 168) .Uranus, the esoteric ruler of Libra, transmits the first ray “esoterically”—i.e., monadically. “Uranus is the home of ‘fire electric’.” (TCF 1154) Saturn, the hierarchical ruler of Libra (also exalted in this sign) transmits the first ray powerfully. (EA 450) “This is why Saturn is so powerful a ruler and transmitter to the Earth of the dynamic quality of the first ray of power” ( EA 621) 14. .Vulcan, a veiled esoteric ruler in Virgo, has a close relation to the number four—to the fourth kingdom (the Human Kingdom), the fourth kingdom from the human (the Mineral Kingdom) and to the fourth initiation. 14. See #7 above. 15. Vulcan has an association with the second ray, as Vulcan is connected to the “heart of the sun.” (EA 393) 15. See #1 above. 16. Vulcan has associations with the fifth ray through concretion and the seventh ray, through the mineral kingdom and the principle of rhythm. 16. See #11 above. 17. Neptune is a veiled esoteric ruler of Virgo and transmits the sixth ray. 17. See #2 above. 18. Neptune also transmits the second ray monadically. (EPI 421) 18. See #1 above. 19. Neptune is associated with the fourth ray through its rulership of the fourth or buddhic plane, and with the third ray through its associations with the “waters” which are “matter.” (EA 666, 275) 19. See #7 above. 20. Jupiter is the hierarchical ruler of Virgo and transmits the second ray. 20. See #1 above. 21. Jupiter also transmits the seventh ray through its association with “ritualistic worship.” (EA 660) 21. See #5 above. 22. Jupiter has a possible connection with the sixth ray through its exoteric rulership of Sagittarius and its enthusiastic nature. 22. See #2 above. 23. It is hard to conceive that Virgo, as a constellation, has no relation to the seventh ray because of the traits demonstrated by so many Virgoan individuals. In any case, Virgo is the ruler of the seventh Creative Hierarchy (if the unmanifested Hierarchies are included in the numbering). 23. See #5 above. General Qualitative Comparisons, Contrasts and Pragmatic Descriptors
General Qualitative Comparisons, Contrasts
and Pragmatic Descriptors
Virgo In Comparison With Libra 1. God the Mother 1. God the Just 2. The Mother Aspect 2. The Relationship between the Father and the Mother Aspect 3. The Deva Kingdom 3. Shamballa 4. The Anima Mundi 4. The Lords of Karma 5. Matriarchy 5. Equal Balance between Matriarchy and Patriarchy: ‘Equarchy’ 6. The Mother 6. The Lover or Marriage Partner 7. The Mother 7. The Judge 8. The Soul as Mother 8. The Soul as Karmic Judge 9. The Virgin 9. The Bride or Bridegroom 10. The Mother of the Personality 10. The Personality as Bride 11. The Nun or Monk 11. The Spouse 12. The Divine Feminine 12. Both Male and Female 13. The Earth Goddess 13. The Marriage of Heaven and Earth 14. The Hermit 14. The Socialite 15. The Priest or Minister 15. The Marriage Partners 16. The Servant 16. The Equal 17. The Functionary 17. The Aesthete 18. The Secretary 18. The Diplomat 19. Labor 19. Personnel Management 20. The Worker 20. The Manager 21. The Specialist 21. The ‘Interdisciplinarian’ 22. The Critic 22. The Beautifier 23. The Workforce; Labor 23. The Legislature, Congress or Parliament 24. The Soldier; i.e., the “Services” 24. The Law-maker 25. Soul is emergent 25. Soul and personality are coming into balance. 26. Virgo presides over the purification and the slow growth of soul presence which are required before the wheel can be “reversed”. 26. Libra controls the Reversal of the Wheel: “Libra, therefore, controls the ‘moment of reversal of the wheel’ in the life of every aspirant, for there comes a moment in the cycle of lives wherein a point of balance is reached and a relative equilibrium is attained, and over this event Libra presides.” (EA 183) 27. Virgo, in the Libra-Virgo Sequence on the Ordinary Wheel: “The following Virgo life will be either one of a personality, materialistic nature, lived under the influence of the material aspect of Virgo, the Mother, or there will be evidenced a slowly emerging soul vibration, indicating that hidden spiritual life of which the Virgin Mother is the fore-ordained custodian.” (EA 227) 27. Libra, in the Libra-Virgo Sequence on the Ordinary Wheel: “Then follows the experience in Libra wherein a life is spent in quiet, thoughtful reflection or in a condition of static unresponsiveness; it may be a life of balancing, of weighing this and that, and of determining which way the scales shall fall so that in the next sign certain designed results will occur.” (EA 227) 28. Virgo, in the Virgo-Libra Sequence on the Reversed Wheel: “…the active soul life (active through the medium of the personality nature and not simply on its own plane) is registered, recorded and noted in Virgo,…” EA 228) 28. Libra, in the Virgo-Libra Sequence on the Reversed Wheel: “…the active soul life (active through the medium of the personality nature and not simply on its own plane) is…balanced and assessed in Libra…” (EA 228) 29. The appearance of the “God-man” in Virgo-Leo (EA 230) The human being knows that he is both god and man. The two increase in power, but the soul’s influence grows. 29. Libra—the Point of Balance Between the Two ‘Men’: “Next comes Libra, wherein the point of balance is eventually reached between spiritual man and personal man and the stage is laid for the final fivefold process which is, in reality, the subjective correspondence to the outer externalisation upon the Path of Outgoing and which is carried forward upon the Path of Ingoing, or the Path of Return. Then takes place the reversal of the wheel and the beginning of the new orientation…” (EA 230) 30. Virgo-Libra in Relation to the “Final Judgment”: “it is only at what is called the ‘final judgment’ that another fusion will take place and Virgo-Libra will form one sign, for then man's sense of antagonistic dualism will be ended and the scales will have been turned finally in favour of that which the Virgin-Mother has hidden from expression for aeons.” (EA 230-231) 30. Virgo-Libra in Relation to the “Final Judgment”: “it is only at what is called the ‘final judgment’ that another fusion will take place and Virgo-Libra will form one sign, for then man's sense of antagonistic dualism will be ended and the scales will have been turned finally in favour of that which the Virgin-Mother has hidden from expression for aeons.” (EA 230-231) 31. Virgo—a sign presiding over “the ‘quickening’ of the spiritual life” (EA 250) 31. Libra—“the sign of interlude” (EA 250) 32. Virgo—“the process of involution, and also that of evolution,…” (EA 256) 32. Libra—“carried to the point of balance expressed for us in the relationship of Virgo to Libra.” (EA 256) 33. Virgo—for the Undeveloped Man: “The germinating energy. The Mother.” (EA 332) 33. Libra—for the Undeveloped Man: “Unbalanced fiery passion. Human love.” (EA 333) 34. Virgo—for the Advanced Man: “The creative force. The Protector.” (EA 332) 34. Libra—for the Advanced Man: “The weighing of the opposites. Devotion and aspiration.” (EA 333) 35. Virgo—for the Disciple/Initiate: “The Christ activity. The Light.” (EA 332) 35. Libra—for the Disciple/Initiate: “Balance attained. Divine love. Understanding.” (EA 333) 36. Yearly Opportunity in Relation to Virgo: When the Sun is in Virgo, an individual “will know that opportunity to bring the form more under the influence of the hidden Christ is possible…” (EA 564) 36. Yearly Opportunity in Relation to Libra: When the Sun is in Libra, an individual may cultivate proportional action and response, and both balance and equilibrium within his own energy system, as well as between his energy system and the environment in which it expresses. 37. The Life of the Christ from a Virgoan Perspective: “The Virgo aspect came into expression in His twelfth year when He said: ‘Wist ye not that I must be about My Father's business,’ thereby indicating the subordination of the form life to the will of the indwelling Christ; this was consummated when ‘divinity descended upon Him’ at the Baptism. (EA 564) 37. The Life of the Christ from a Libran Perspective: “Christ stood at the point of balance in human evolution; He stood between the old world and the new, between the East and the West. In the Christian era comes a ‘point of balance’ or that ‘crisis of equilibrium’ in the human kingdom. (EA 567) 38. The nurturance of the Christ until the time of birth. 38. Christ as the “Heavenly Bridegroom” 39. Triple sign: the “M” of Virgo is triple (as it is in Scorpio) 39. Dual sign: the scales are dual 40. Discriminating 40. Discerning 41. Expresses almost exclusively soft-line rays. 41. Hard-line Rays –transmitted through constellation and also through rulers 42. Related specifically to the Monad in man. Hierarchy of ‘Super Monads”: “Divine Builders” 42. Related specifically to the Spiritual Triad 43. The cultivation of the concrete mind and, later, “Son of Mind” 43. Super-Mind (EA 495) 44. More analytical 44. More relational 45. Particulate 45. Relational 46. Specialistic 46. Aware of the important connections between fields of specialization; a more balanced perspective 47. Material orientation (MC) 47. Seeking balance between Spirit and Matter—between personality and soul 48. Abstaining from pleasure 48. Indulging in pleasure 49. Chastity 49. Sexual license 50. Modesty 50. Showiness 51. Work 51. Enjoyment 52. Cool and detached in relationships 52. Highly invested in relationships 53. Cool 53. Ardent (in human love) 54. The cherishing of the mother; preferential treatment for the child 54. The objectivity of the law before whom all are equal 55. Submitting vehicles to a regimen 55. Seeking gratification of vehicles 56. The attitude of the mother—devoted 56. The attitude of law—more masculine 57. Examination of the object, itself 57. Relational—not just examining the object 58. Inclined towards the solitary life—bachelorhood, spinsterhood 58. Inclined towards partnership and marriage 59. Functional, utilitarian 59. Aesthetic 60. Critical 60. Conciliatory 61. Isolative, like the hermit 61. Collaborative Similarities and Points of Cooperation Between the Influences
Similarities and Points of Cooperation
Between the Zodiacal Influences
A. In the matter of similarities, both signs are related to those Hierarchies which sustain the highest aspects of man, namely the Monads and the Triads, but really the sustainer of the human Monads and the sustainer of the human Triads. Both signs have a high level of refinement. The sense of discrimination is keen in Virgo. The sense of evaluation keen in Libra. When looking at the decanates, both Saturn and Mercury figure into the composition which gives a strong mental orientation to both signs. In one way, two aspects of mind are covered. Virgo, associated with the analytical, concrete mind and Libra with the abstract mind. Both signs support activity in the scientific field—Virgo understanding matter and the mathematics of matter and Libra the equation, the balancing of forces. Going back to a difference, Virgo abstemious –Libra indulgent. Such things may have already been covered earlier.B. In both signs the not self is powerful. Virgo, ruling the refinement of the not self and Libra, the need to come into harmonized relationship with it. Both as well are involved in the magical process, Virgo ruling the mastery of the elemental servants and Libra the coordinated ritual which brings the participants of a magical act into harmonious relation. Both, as well, are keen in standards of behavior, Virgo being most discriminating about what is correct and Libra determining those behaviors and manners which are part and parcel of right human relations. In neither sign is the principle of the Sun extremely strong except if a monadic relation be considered in relation to the Sun. Matter and the other are paramount in both cases.
C. So, indeed, the principle of selectivity is strong in both, Virgo because of its innate nature, the particularity of its Mercury rulership and Libra because it transmits so much of the third Ray and the evaluative nature of Venus. Really, the mind is in a sense the Mercury-Venus mind and both are the rulers of these signs. Though going back to differences right now, there is a strong Virgo work and Libra pleasure distinction. Well, much is left unsaid here ...
Missing or Weak Links Between Virgo and Libra