Tapestry of the Gods
by Michael D. Robbins (c)
Sagittarius & Capricorn
Important Foundational Relationships
Important Foundational Relationships
Sagittarius In Comparison With Capricorn 1. Esoteric Mantram: I see the goal. I reach the goal and see another. 1. Esoteric Mantram: Lost am I in light supernal, yet on that light I turn my back. 2. Exoteric/Evolutionary Mantram: And the Word said: Let food be sought. 2. Exoteric/Evolutionary Mantram: And the Word said: Let ambition rule and the door stand wide. 3. Quality of Light: A beam of directed, focused Light 3. Quality of Light: The Light of Initiation 4. Element: Fire Sign 4. Element: Earth Sign 5. Mutable or Common Cross 5. Cardinal Cross 6. Transmits R4, R5 and R6 constellationally 6. Transmits R1, R3 and R7 constellationally 7. Secondarily, (assuredly, but not exclusively) Sagittarius transmits R2, R3 and R6 through Jupiter, the Earth and Mars—its three planetary rulers on three levels—exoteric, esoteric and hierarchical.. 7. Secondarily, (assuredly, but not exclusively) Capricorn transmits R3 and R5 through Saturn and Venus—its two planetary rulers on three levels—exoteric, esoteric and hierarchical. 8. Color: rich blue 8. Color: green 9. Creative Hierarchy number VI (manifested), the Lunar Lords, or Sacrificial Fires. 9. Creative Hierarchy number V (manifested) and X of 12. Human Personality; the Crocodiles; Makara the Mystery 10. Associated with the instinct-directing, ‘soul-ward’ orienting, ‘form-abstractive’ first initiation; with the fierily-baptizing, ideal-containing, de-glamorizing, clear-eyed second initiation, and with the direction-choosing, outward-bound, adventuring, nirvanic sixth initiation—the initiation of Decision. 10. Associated with the first five initiations: the soul/Self-revealing, soul-law-imposing, Christ-birthing first; the emotion-controlling, ‘un-capsized’, ‘water-crossing’ second; the soul-illumined, personality-transfiguring, three-aspect-synthesizing third; the isolation-inducing, world-renouncing fourth; and the supernally-lighted, mountain-peak-revelatory fifth. Saturn (ruling Capricorn) does not follow a man onto the Cardinal Cross. 11. Sagittarius can be reasonably associated with the insistently driving, aspiring, fiery solar plexus center; with the instinctively-hunting, passion-driven sacral center, and even with the center at the base of the spine, where the latent fire (Mars) awaits its rising; Earth (with its first ray Monad and a symbol identical to the fourfold structure of the base center) is the esoteric ruler of Sagittarius, connecting it to that lowest center. The personality-directing, clear-seeing, force controlling ajna center should also be influenced strongly by Sagittarius, at a relatively high point in the evolutionary process. 11. Capricorn can be reasonably associated with the clear-seeing, forcefully-penetrating, powerfully directing ajna and brow centers, and the ‘dominating’, all-controlling crown center. Capricorn must be connected to the magically materializing throat and sacral centres via the third and seventh rays (resonant to both centers). The humility-inducing centers at the knees are also indicated. Also associated with Capricorn are the central “jewels” in all the chakras. 12. The zodiacal signs influence the Monad of every human being (EA 411, 637, TCF 1191); the influence from Sagittarius guides the Monad on its descent into material immersion, and, again, through an inherently flawless sense of direction guides the Monad upon its path of return. Sagittarius contributes to the conviction of “monadic destiny”, and destination. 12. The zodiacal signs influence the Monad of every human being (EA 411, 637, TCF 1191); the influence from Capricorn causes the Monad (even in immersion) to be guided by Shamballic and Logoic Law. There are lines which the Monad may not cross as it ‘super-vises’ its own Self-extension. It must leave its fragment ‘free within limits’; free-will (of a relative kind) must not be violated. The initiatory power, flowing through Monad from Capricorn, endows the Monad-in-extension with the power to face every obstacle and re-ascend to its source. This re-ascent is initiation. 13. Within the Triad—Sagittarius is focused in both buddhi and higher manas—the abstract mind. Sagittarius transmits the fourth ray, which relates to the fourth, or buddhic, plane and the principle of buddhi. Sagittarius is one of the intuitive signs. (EA 177) In Sagittarius, intuition (fourth ray, second principle) governs aspiration (sixth ray—which Sagittarius also transmits) (cf. EA 178) Sagittarius is at once philosophical (utilizing the abstract mind) and intuitive. The blend of buddhi and higher manas may be called “universal or spiritual mind” which Sagittarius expresses in relation to Mercury. (EA 369) 13. Within the Triad—Capricorn is most associated with atma (first triadal aspect) and higher manas (third triadal aspect). Capricorn transmits the first ray which relates it to the will and law emanating from the atmic plane. Capricorn transmits the third ray, as well, which relates it not only to higher manas but, again, to atma, for the atmic plane is the third systemic plane, and is a plane of both law/will and mind—the atmic mind—God’s mind as directly expressive of God’s will/law. Capricorn is less related to buddhi, though it is the sign admitting (via hierarchical Venus) into the buddhic dimension known as Hierarchy. 14. In relation to the Solar Angel, and the soul-consciousness (and causal body) through which it expresses—Sagittarius can be seen as the will of the Solar Angel to inspire its personality to a state of aspiration through the presentation of an elevating vision of future spiritual possibilities. As well, when the personality errs (as oft it does), Sagittarius represents the ‘guiding beam of light’ which offers a secure sense of spiritual direction—directing, at length, to the mountain of initiation. 14. In relation to the Solar Angel, and the soul-consciousness (and causal body) through which it expresses—Capricorn can be understood as the will of the Solar Angel to master its personality, through total soul-infusion leading to transfiguration and subsequent crucifixion. Karmic confrontation with residual darkness is enforced from ‘above’, and the power to transcend matter bestowed. The will aspect of the Solar Angel is strongly asserted, leaving the responsive personality no choice but elevation. (cf. EP II 174) 15. Within the Personality—Sagittarius can be identified with the directing, thought-projecting power of the lower mental nature and its eventual responsiveness to intuitive guidance; with the passional and eventual aspirational processes of the astral nature; with the vibrancy and buoyancy of the etheric nature; and with the general tendency to energetic activity of the dense physical nature. Sagittarius is particularly associated with the integrated, one-pointed, disciplic personality.(The vehicular focus and its degree of prominence, depends upon the stage of evolutionary development.) 15. Within the Personality—Capricorn can be identified with the concretizing, regulatory and disciplining processes of the lower mental nature; with processes which focus, control and deepen the astral nature; with organizational and co-ordinative processes within the etheric vehicle; and the with maintenance and survival of the dense physical vehicle—of which Capricorn represents the density. (The vehicular focus and its degree of prominence, depends upon the stage of evolutionary development.) 16. Stage of Meditative Consciousness: Inspiration 16. Stage of Meditative Consciousness: Initiation 17. The Choice of “Direction” 17. The Crisis of Initiation characterized by the quality of Expansion
Wider Relationships: Cosmic and Systemic
Sagittarius In Comparison With Capricorn 1. Expressive principally of the third aspect of divinity because it is the third fire sign. “From Aries comes cosmic fire; from Sagittarius comes planetary fire; and from Leo comes solar fire; and each of these fires ‘clears the way by burning’ for the expression of the three divine aspects: spirit (Aries), soul (Leo) and body (Sagittarius).” (EA 293) Expressive of the second or consciousness aspect, through its majority of soft-line constellation and planetary rays. 1. Expressive primarily of the first and third aspects of divinity. “CAPRICORN. This is the constellation by means of which comes the conquering will which releases from form life and initiates the man into the kingdom wherein the will aspect (not the soul aspect) of divinity expresses itself.” (EA 620) Capricorn is the major transmitter of the seventh ray which is related to the first aspect. “The seventh ray is, in the last analysis, the focussed differentiated energy of Ray One as it expresses the will of the first aspect of divinity on earth…” (EA 138) “the third and fifth rays work pre-eminently through this sign, embodying the third major aspect of divinity, active intelligence plus that of its subsidiary power, the fifth Ray of Mind.” (EA 164) 2. Definite cosmic association with the Pleiades and probably with the Little Bear (particularly Polaris—the Pole Star). “Pleiades—Gemini/Sagittarius—Mercury” (EA 50) “Gemini—Sagittarius—Mercury (which are an expression of the Pleiades) enable the Probationary Disciple to pass on to the Path of Accepted Discipleship.” “…The Pointers; these point to the Pole star which is at this time a major ‘star of direction’.” (EA 195) It should be noted that Sagittarius is a major sign of direction. If Leo and Aries rule the two Pointers, then the third fire sign, Sagittarius, should be connected with Polaris. Also, Sirius, Gemini and Sagittarius probably formed a triangle at the time of man’s individualization. (cf. EA 355) Sagittarius and Betelgeuse are related to the third cosmic path: “Source— Betelgeuse, via the sign Sagittarius.” (EA 1257) 2. Related cosmically to the Pleiades. “…from these three (The Pleiades, Capricorn, Mercury. A.A.B.) Man takes a nature which is his today. Son of the Mother, born from the tomb and showing after birth the light which he has taken from them all.” (EA 433, also 427-428) Capricorn is necessarily related to the Great Bear because, like Aries, and Leo, it transmits the first ray. (cf. EA 417) Capricorn, the “great sign of initiation” (EA 173) is almost certainly related to Sirius, “the great star of initiation.” (EA 197) Venus completes a triangle. 3. Three Constellations Connected with Sagittarius: a) Lyra—the Seven Stringed Harp; b) Ara—the Altar; c) Draco—the Serpent of Wisdom (LOH 166-167) 3. Three Constellations Connected with Capricorn: a) Sagitta—the Arrow; b) Aquila—the Eagle; c) Delphinus—the Dolphin (LOH 175-176)
Relationships Between Three Levels of Planetary Rulers,
and Planets in Exaltation, Fall and Detriment
Sagittarius In Comparison With Capricorn 1. Jupiter is the exoteric ruler of Sagittarius. 1. Jupiter falls in Capricorn. 2. Mars is the hierarchical ruler of Sagittarius. 2. Mars is exalted in Capricorn. 3. The Moon is in special relation to Sagittarius, because this sign with Mars rules the Lunar Lords. 3. The Moon is in detriment in Capricorn.
Subtle Relationships Between Rays,
Zodiacal and Planetary Energies
Sagittarius In Comparison With Capricorn 1. Sagittarius transmits the fourth ray, constellationally. Sagittarius is also the fourth sign on the clockwise wheel, IF numbering begins with Pisces (which the Tibetan does in relation to Leo). This numerical fact reinforces Sagittarius’s relationship to the fourth ray. 1. Capricorn is the fourth sign of the zodiac on the clock-wise wheel—hence, resonant with the fourth ray (especially through its rulership over ‘for-m’ and establishment). Mars (exalted in Capricorn) is a major planet of conflict, so it is difficult not to think that Mars has some strong fourth ray association—perhaps within its personality vehicles. “The theme of that ray is "Harmony through Conflict" and it is the lower aspect of the ray energy, producing conflict which has hitherto controlled, and is climaxing now through the impetus of the new incoming Shamballa force.” (EA 328) 2. Sagittarius transmits the fifth ray constellationally.
2. Capricorn may, in some subtle matter, transmits the fifth ray (independently of its hierarchial ruler Venus). Ray 5.—Concrete Knowledge or Science, under the influence of Capricorn, focussed through Venus, which will enable the man to take initiation.” (EA 357) Also, “Capricorn is an earth sign and because the third and fifth rays work pre-eminently through this sign, embodying the third major aspect of divinity, active intelligence plus that of its subsidiary power, the fifth Ray of Mind. These pour through Capricorn to Saturn and to Venus and so reach our planet, the Earth.” (EA 164) Note the word, “through.” Venus, of course, is the hierarchical ruler of Capricorn, and transmits the fifth ray. Saturn is associated with the concrete mind (concretion pertains to the fifth ray). Mars, exalted in Capricorn, rules “science” and the “five senses) (EA 215) and, therefore, is related to the fifth ray, transmitting it, conceivably, through its Monad.
3. Sagittarius transmits the sixth ray constellationally. Jupiter (through enthusiasm) has sixth ray associations. Mars, hierarchical ruler, transmits the sixth ray. 3. Venus, the hierarchical ruler of Capricorn, transmits the sixth ray, probably monadically. Mars (exalted) transmits the sixth ray. 4. Sagittarius is the ninth sign of the zodiac on the reversed wheel, hence connected to the third ray by numerical affinity, as the number nine is the number characterizing the cycles of the third ray. 4. Capricorn transmits the third ray constellationally. Saturn, the exoteric and esoteric ruler of Capricorn, is a powerful transmitter of the third ray. Mars (exalted) participates in the expression of the third ray through a great third ray Entity. 5. Sagittarius is the fifth sign of the zodiac on the clockwise wheel, and hence has numerical affinity with the fifth ray. 5. See #2 above. 6. Sagittarius is especially related to winged Mercury, the “Messenger at the eighth gate” (EA 298), even though Mercury is in exoteric detriment in this sign. 6. Eight is the number of the Christ, which Capricorn brings to birth, and then strengthens through the four subsequent initiations. Saturn in its negative guise, can be considered the ruler of the “eighth sphere”, which can be understood as the planes of concrete mind when separated from the planes of higher mind. 7. Jupiter, the exoteric ruler, transmits the second ray. Earth, esoteric ruler, has a second ray soul and, thus, transmits the second ray. 7. Venus, the hierarchial ruler of Capricorn, is “pure love-wisdom”, and hence, transmits the second ray. (EA 281) 8. Jupiter, the exoteric ruler, transmits the seventh ray, through its association with ritualism. (EA 660) 8. Capricorn transmits the seventh ray constellationally. Saturn has strong seventh ray associations through that fact that it is the “logoic physical permanent atom” in relation to the cosmic physical plane (TCF 406), hence strongly involved in the manifestation of the cosmic physical plane. 9. Enthusiastic Jupiter, the exoteric ruler, is involved with ritualistic worship, and, hence, can be understood as related to the sixth ray. The twelve petals of the Jupiter-ruled heart center is double-six. 9. See #3 above. 10. Earth, the esoteric ruler of Sagittarius, transmits the third ray through its personality. 10. See #4 above. 11. Earth, the esoteric ruler of Sagittarius, transmits the second ray through its soul. 11. Capricorn transmits the first ray, constellationally. Capricorn is also the tenth sign on the reversed wheel, hence numerologically associated with the number one and, by numerical affinity, with the first ray. Saturn, the exoteric and esoteric ruler, is a strong transmitter of the first ray. (EA 450, 621). Mars, exalted in Capricorn, teaches “those whose work lies along the lines of the destroyer”, hence must transmit the first ray. (TCF 1179) 12. Earth the hierarchical ruler of Sagittarius, transmits the first ray (however weakly) through its Monad. 12. See #11 immediately above. 13. Mars, the hierarchical ruler of Sagittarius, transmits the sixth ray. 13. See #3 above. 14. Mars trains “those whose work is along the lines of the destroyer”, hence must be expressive of the first ray. 14. See #11 above. 15. Mars is related to the fifth ray through the five senses and science, which it rules. (EA 215)
15. See #2 above.
16. Mars is related to the third ray through its participation in the manifestation of a great third ray Entity. (EPII 99) 16. See #4 above. 17. Mars (the “God of War”) may be affiliated with the conflict or “lower” side of the fourth ray, just as Venus may be affiliated with the harmony and beauty aspect of this ray. “The relation of the fourth ray to the fourth kingdom in nature (which is the fourth Creative Hierarchy) is a predetermining influence in all world conflict up to date and is the cause which has produced the history of war and conflict down the ages.” (EA 327-328) 17. See #1 above. General Qualitative Comparisons, Contrasts and Pragmatic Descriptors
General Qualitative Comparisons, Contrasts
and Pragmatic Descriptors
Sagittarius In Comparison With Capricorn 1. The Disciple (FOP) 1. The Initiate (FOP) 2. The Philosopher 2. The Ruler 3. The Prophet 3. The King 4. The Adventurer 4. The Magistrate 5. The Seeker 5. The Expert 6. The Professor of Law 6. The Judge 7. The Horse 7. The Unicorn 8. The ‘Motivationalist’ 8. The Taskmaster 9. The Intuitive 9. The Rationalist 10. “Intuition, governing aspiration—Sagittarius. Soul consciousness in early stages. Initiation 1 and 2. I vision.” (EA 178) 10. “Illumination, governing intuition—Capricorn. Soul consciousness in later stages. I realise.” (EA 178) 11. “Sagittarius—Direction—expression of the intuition” (EA 495) 11. “Capricorn—Illumination—the liberation of the initiate” (EA 495) 12. “Sagittarius and Capricorn, through the Earth and Saturn, are related to Ray 3.”
“The one-pointed disciple…” (EA 67)
12. “Sagittarius and Capricorn, through the Earth and Saturn, are related to Ray 3.”
“…becomes the initiate.” (EA 67)
13. The Third and Fifth Rays are Dominant upon the Path of Discipleship: Sagittarius is active in relation to the third ray (apparently) through the Earth. (EA 166) 13. The Third and Fifth Rays are Dominant upon the Path of Discipleship: Capricorn is active in relation to the third ray through Saturn. (EA 166) 14. Sagittarius—for the Undeveloped Man: “Self-centeredness. Experimental approach.” (EA 333) 14. Capricorn—for the Undeveloped Man: “The earthbound soul.” (EA 333) 15. Sagittarius—for the Advanced Man: “One-pointedness. Directed approach.” (EA 333) 15. Capricorn—for the Advanced Man: “The one who crosses the water. Fluid.” (EA 333) 16. Sagittarius—for the Disciple/Initiate: “The Director of man. The controller of the Gate. (EA 333) 16. Capricorn—for the Disciple/Initiate: “The Conqueror of death. Initiated.” (EA 333) 17. Yearly Opportunity in Relation to Sagittarius: When the Sun is in Sagittarius the disciple may “endeavour to practice ‘one-pointedness’ along some one line” (EA 564) 16. Yearly Opportunity in Relation to Capricorn: When the Sun is in Capricorn, an individual may cultivate achievement and mastery over all that opposes that achievement with respect to a selected task. 18. The Life of the Christ from a Sagittarian Perspective: “The Sagittarian energy enabled Him to say, when confronted with full knowledge of the imminent sacrifice which He would have to make: ‘I must go up to Jerusalem,’ and, we read, He then ‘set His face’ and trod the Path of the Saviour, leading to the liberation of humanity.” ( EA 565) 18. The Life of the Christ from a Capricornian Perspective: “This sign marks the point of concretion and of crystallisation which results eventually in the death of the form. This we see happening today. In His triumph over death and in His resurrection into life, Christ indicated the deep mystery of Capricorn.” (EA 567) 19. Associated with the Lunar Lords 19. Associated with, Makara, and the Solar Lords 20. The integrated, one-pointed personality 20. The soul-infused personality 21. Looking up—to the mountain peak (aspiration) 21. Looking down—from the mountain peak (synthesis) 22. The mystic—the duality between the seeker and the sought 22. The initiate, the occultist—the attitude of synthesis and identification. The seeker is the sought 23. The animal (FOP) 23. The Angel (FOP) 24. The animal kingdom 24. The mineral kingdom 25. The vegetable kingdom—reaching towards the sun 25. The kingdom of souls 26. The martyr—under the sixth ray (FOP) 26. The devil (FOP) 27. Abstraction 27. Concretion 28. Divine Intelligence 28. Divine Will 29. The intuitive nature (buddhi) 29. Atma—the spiritual will 30. Divine Intelligence 30. Divine Will 31. The abstract mind—major ideas embodied in relations between relations 31. The abstract mind—the Divine Plan 32. The emotional nature (FOP) 32. The concrete mind (FOP) 33. The vitality of the etheric body (health-consciousness) 33. Associated with the dense physical body 34. Elementals not yet individualized (FOP) 34. Initiated devas 35. Major emphasis upon the second initiation (among others) 35. Major emphasis upon the third initiation (among others) 36. The aspirant and probationary disciple 36. The disciple, accepted disciple and initiate 37. Aspiration 37. Will 38. Idealism 38. Practicality 39. “Heaven” 39. “Earth” 40. Envisioning; imagining; the dreamer 40. Accomplishing; achieving; the ‘do-er’ 41. Inspiration 41. Pragmatism 42. Practice 42. Perfection 43. Fanaticism 43. Taking the many sides into realistic consideration 44. Un-realism 44. Realism 45. Thinking too big 45. Assessing the actualities 46. ‘Idea’-ism 46. Materialism 47. Risk-taking 47. Caution 48. Prodigal 48. Economical 49. Exaggerative 49. Exact, accurate 50. Excitable 50. Cool 51. Exuberance 51. Restraint 52. Instinctively optimistic 52. Instinctively pessimistic 53. Spontaneous 53. Stiff and unresponsive 54. Outspoken 54. Reserved 55. Lack of discipline 55. Control 56. Arrhythmic; lacking coordination 56. Rhythmic and organized; rigorously coordinated 57. Rapid travel upon a level plane 57. Steady ascent 58. More mobile 58. More fixed and stable 59. One-pointed 59. Strategic 60. The perspective which understands the greater reasons for morality. 60. The enforcement of morality 61. Ethics 61. The enforceable code of conduct 62. The university 62. The law-makers who fund the university Similarities and Points of Cooperation Between the Influences
Similarities and Points of Cooperation
Between the Zodiacal Influences
A. We see at first two very different zodiacal influences, one of which is primarily intuitive and the other rational. In Sagittarius, there is great heat and aspiration and with Capricorn, great cold, detachment and impersonality. Put the two together and you get in fact the integrated personality. With all the Lunar lords aligned and one pointedly under the control of a dominating Lunar lord. The aligned Lunar lords can be seen in relation to Sagittarius and the dominating controlling Lunar lord in relation to Capricorn. It is the personality.
Interestingly, that Lunar lord can be seen in relation to Cancer as well, the sign opposite Capricorn.
These two signs serve as a unit of progress. There is the uplifting of the Sagittarian energy and the confirmation of the Capricornian energy. They are both involved in the initiatory process with Sagittarius closely associated with the first and especially second initiations and Capricorn with the third.
For the second initiation and even the first involves orientations of the astral body and these initiations are officiated over by the Bodhisattva who is along the second Ray line which includes the astral body in the line of descent.
The third initiation involves more the concrete mind and the entire personality and this is the realm of Capricorn. Capricorn interestingly is associated with the fifth Ray as well as the first, third and seventh. Nevertheless, these two signs do participate as what might be called an initiatory unit. This is graphically displayed in relation to the centers.
Usually Sagittarius and Capricorn can be seen associated with different centers but in the matter of the ajna center, there is a union of the two. For, at the ajna center, we have the power to envision which is the theme of Sagittarius and it is there that the prophet finds his power. It is also at the ajna center that the initiate becomes the unicorn and the horn of light appears as the instrument and weapon of the initiate. This is the province of Capricorn.
B. Interestingly although the prophecy is usually seen to be the realm of Sagittarius, one of the greatest prophets was Nostradamus with his Sun in Capricorn. And futurists are found not only among the Sagittarians, but among Capricornian as well.
Perhaps the faculty of planning which is a Capricornian quality as well as a Sagittarian gives the Capricornian individual the capacity to look into the future. This is a feature of the third Ray, a Ray which is shared by both signs constellationally through Capricorn and via the earth's esoteric rulership in Sagittarius.
C. Both of these then are involved, then, in the process of administration. Though, Sagittarius is better at the envisioning and Capricorn at the execution of that which is envisioned. Both signs therefore seem concerned with the development of the third eye. The third eye as an organ of vision is associated with Sagittarius. As an organ of power - with Capricorn. This is the directing eye, the eye of Shiva.
It can be Sagittarius does play its role in the process of the third initiation or at least the preparatory steps to it because the theme of that initiation is integration, direction and science. Certainly integration and direction are Sagittarian themes and integration and science are Capricornian themes.
So there is a shared potency in the process of the third initiation although it becomes more a Capricornian affair the closer one is to that state.
D. While it is said that Capricorn consummates the work of Scorpio, Capricorn also stands in fulfillment to the processes undertaken in Sagittarius. For the aspiration and inspiration of Sagittarius are brought into final form and empowered in Capricorn. Important sense, both of these are signs of oversight and super vision: viewing from a distance and viewing from a promontory.
Although there can be a fair amount of personalism generated in an emotional Sagittarian, the higher types have perfected long-range vision and no vision could be more long range than that which is seen from the mountain top.
So, both of these share the possibility of being signs of breadth in which the whole view is seen. The philosophic Sagittarian develops what is called a weltanschauung or world view and the Capricorn who has achieved sees all things as one. In fact, sees to the essence of all things and understands the way in which the capstone of the pyramid is the pyramid itself.
E. So, from a certain perspective, these are signs of growing impersonality, of the large view and the long range and the expanded consciousness.
Interestingly enough, it is usually Jupiterianly ruled Sagittarius which is associated with expansion, but initiation under Capricorn is a major expansion and the Tibetan informs us that the crisis of expansion is a Capricornian theme.
So great issues of personalism are worked out in Libra and Scorpio followed by detachment from that personalism and an entry into the great impersonal attitude.
From a certain perspective, then, we find entrance into the divine mind and it is within that mind that the plans are laid to fulfill the purpose in the mind of God. It is in relation to this Divine Mind that both Sagittarius and Capricorn are influential.
Both of them are associated with the higher designs upon the tracing board, the tracing board being the symbol of the blue print of the Divine Intent.
Missing or Weak Links Between Sagittarius & Capricorn
(to be completed)